• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Armidillo

Thread: Disappearing photos soon.

Default Disappearing photos soon.

Hi All,

Advertisement

I have been using TinyPic to put up my photos for these last few years. I received a message from them that they cannot provide the service any longer. It looks like all my photos on AF will disappear soon. Is there any way that I can transfer them to another crowd and host them from there? I don't think it will be possible to re-do all of those photos.

Regards, Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

I'd ask the question of Tiny Pic. And have any another image hosting site ready to send them to.

Even if Tiny Pic charge a nominal amount to relocate your images it's still easier than transferring images one by one yourself.

1000+ Posts

Some ISPs provide free web space on their hosting servers for things like this. Does yours? All you have to do is set the site up. Password access to add or delete is usually by FTP, which is simple.

Fellow Frogger!

But in any case, they will disappear from these threads, as they contain links to the photos' current locations.

I note for the benefit of anyone wanting to preserve the threads with pictures, that if you right click on each page in the thread, then Save As>Web Page Complete, you save each of those pages to your computer. The process downloads the photos from where they are currently stored.

Andy
    Last edited by 1972Ren; 20th August 2019 at 03:20 PM.

1000+ Posts

Hi Frans

Have you thought about uploading your photos directly to your threads/posts? I know it's slow work, but at the moment you don't have to resize them, and once they're in then it should be permanent (as much as anything is). You would of course need to have all relevant photos back on your computer, so you can upload them into AF. My Snow thread (in Froggy Chat) gives you an idea of the quality of photos that can currently be uploaded.

I just checked, and the procedure would be as follows:

1. Edit post
    2. Choose Go advanced
    3. Manage attachments (locate photos on your computer, Upload, then Insert Inline)
    4. Position cursor where you want the photo to appear
    5. Click the down arrow/triangle on the LHS of the paperclip icon (RH end, top row of icons), and select the appropriate photo

Cheers

Alec
    Kenfuego likes this.

Thread Information