Renault Australia announces support of Renault cars in TCR racing.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Fordman
  • 1 Post By Kim Luck
  • 4 Post By jo proffi

Thread: Renault Australia announces support of Renault cars in TCR racing.

Default Renault Australia announces support of Renault cars in TCR racing.

There has been quite a bit of conversation in the AF Motorsports section about the new TCR category and in particular the Renault Meganes competing successfully.

I think the news today deserves a wider audience so I post this in Froggy Chat.

Advertisement

Today Renault Australia announced their support of GRM Motorsport for the Renault Meganes competing in the TCR category.
    https://www.tcraustralia.com/renault...rs-motorsport/

For the uninitiated, TCR (Touring Car Racing) is a fairly new worldwide category which seems to be taking off everywhere, and the Australian competition is proving to be very popular. The cars are 2.0 litre turbo, modified road cars, FWD only, regulated for evenness of competition, and the formula seems to be working.

The other recent news is that the TCR category will be running as a support event at the 2020 Melbourne F1 GP, indicating that it is quickly becoming a popular class.

I think it is significant that Renault Australia is getting involved in TCR (although they are not allowed to enter a factory team, they are allowed to support the teams running their car models).

I noted at the coverage of the 2019 F1 GP that Renault Australia were getting much exposure with Aussie Dan Ricciardo in the F1 Renault, and to their credit were taking advantage of the promotional exposure by supplying the safety car, etc, and this latest support will give them even more advertising value.

Follow the category in our Motorsport section if you are interested.

TCR category is currently included as a category in the Shannons National series, which is providing a vehicle for lesser known, up-and-coming categories in Australia. Also the TCR category is being televised live on SBS free to air. Next event 2-4 August in Qld. Round 4 / Queensland Raceway ? Shannons Nationals

Regards
    Fordman.
    Kim Luck and Kenfuego like this.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

It's a great category, closely contested, colourful and representing so far eight different manufacturers in Australia rather than two. There can be up to five cars from each manufacturer and I see that GRM has now ordered three more Alfas and that there is now a total of five Hyundai's in the country. By the time a couple of other manufacturers already racing worldwide join the Australian TCR competition there will be fields of 30 or more cars competing in the series. It can only grow as it becomes more relevant to Australian car purchasers.
    Fordman likes this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    It's a great category, closely contested, colourful and representing so far eight different manufacturers in Australia rather than two. There can be up to five cars from each manufacturer and I see that GRM has now ordered three more Alfas and that there is now a total of five Hyundai's in the country. By the time a couple of other manufacturers already racing worldwide join the Australian TCR competition there will be fields of 30 or more cars competing in the series. It can only grow as it becomes more relevant to Australian car purchasers.
    My mum has little interest in, and never talks about motor sports, but being my mother, she likes Megan turbos, fuegos, Lagunas rx4's and almost anything with a Renault badge, especially her own Capture.
    A few weeks back she was Chanel surfing the TV and saw a race with Megan's,alfas, i30s. The next day she quite excitedly told me all that happened in the race, and by her description it was quite an exciting race.
    I had no idea at the time what type of racing she had seen, but now it is clear what she was describing .

I reckon if this form of motor sports can get my mother fired up it has kicked a goal!!!
    Good luck to it.
    Jo
    Kim Luck, jaahn, Fordman and 1 others like this.

Queensland Raceway last weekend. Renault Australia getting involved.

https://www.facebook.com/renaultaust...1Njk3Njc4NTMy/

OR:

https://youtu.be/RQ6xNvbgXc4

Cheers
    Last edited by Fordman; 6th August 2019 at 06:50 PM.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Thread Information