DIY paintless dent removal
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By draftpunk

Thread: DIY paintless dent removal

Fellow Frogger!

Default DIY paintless dent removal

Has anyone used them with success? I see there are a few options on ebay etc that use the hot glue to stick on the little plastic bits then some sort of screw system to pull the dent out. I have been working on tidying up the body work myself just for a new experience and there are the usual small car park style dents in awkward places that would be easier to pull out than dismantle and push from behind.btw the paint is screwed anyway so I'm looking at ease of repair and not the paint less bit.

Advertisement

Default DIY paintless dent removal

Iíve used the hot glue pop types a fair bit but you still need a bit of knowledge of dent repair. Iím a bigger fan of pushing from the back because you can get more heat into the panel (hard with using glue ) below is a big dent done on my wifeís car but a [email protected]&[email protected]@@$. I fixed using a heat gun and basic push tools .IMG_1562566094.465150.jpgIMG_1562566122.832678.jpg

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

JBN

I have used the services of proper paintless dent removalists. They do a good job and generally give a discount for cash (as I think there is less paperwork involved).

John

I have used the glue pull system briefly on hail damage. My experience is if the dent isn't too deep and it isn't close to a seam of the panel it will pull effectively then you might need some manipulation with the tapping tools.
    I'm going to get some pushing bars in the future as some of my dents need more work or the car needs a freak of nature spontaneous combustion.
    If you can access it from behind the dent then you will get a better result using the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    I have used the services of proper paintless dent removalists. They do a good job and generally give a discount for cash (as I think there is less paperwork involved).

John
    And less tax to contribute to modern society like funding public infrastructure such as roads that lead to the ER at the public hospital (All paid for with tax dollars, except most toll roads).

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    505604 likes this.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by draftpunk View Post
    And less tax to contribute to modern society like funding public infrastructure such as roads that lead to the ER at the public hospital (All paid for with tax dollars, except most toll roads).

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I chose to pay my tax in a way that suits me (after all its my money).

After I get the dents removed, I hare off down the road, likety-split and get my dentless car's photo taken, all for a slight charge that gets reincarnated into roads, ER and other public works.

There is nothing to say that one can't have fun paying one's tax.

John

There is nothing to say that one can't have fun paying one's tax.
    For some, a sense of fairness and being in possession of a conscience governs their choice.

Fellow Frogger!

Ok thanks for the feedback. I will continue on with trying to push them out where possible and continue on with my tapping back and forward.

Fellow Frogger!

Yes I need to research same, have hail damage on the MG due to a storm in Sydney (roof & bonnet). Even worse hail damage on the old Astra that weíve just Ďre-inheritedí back from the stepson after it got caught in bigger hail around Hornsby. Might practice on that one first - itís not worth anything :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    may all your plans be cunning ones,
    Baldrick,

fleet: 1989 Peugeot 505 GTi Wagon
    1969 Peugeot 404 Sedan
    2003 Smart 452 Roadster
    2005 MG ZR160
    1988 Mercedes 300E
    1953 Citroen 15CV (under Restoration)
    1953 Bristol 401 (under Restoration)
    That's one for each day of the week - I really should stop

Fellow Frogger!

I'm looking at the bright side of having a destroyed clear coat because it allows me to try these things without care of damaging the finish as it gets sanded and primed after anyway. I have tried a few tools now including hammers and dolly's and found a claw hammer is your friend when pulling out damage from near the edge of the front guard. Pull out the dent and tap down until massaged into the correct shape then fill and prime. Slowly slowly like everything on this

Thread Information