Plastic Bead Blasting Panels
  • Register
  • Help

Default Plastic Bead Blasting Panels

G;day,

I about to finally respray my car and have 2 s/h rear guards and a bonnet to go on as they are much straighter/rust free...Anyway i was thinking of getting them bead blasted to remove paint/clean them up before i put them on. Anyone used plastic bead blasting on their panels... anyone know where to go in Melbourne ...There is an ad in the The Age drive section, i think in boronia, anyone used those guys?

What sort of price should i expect for the two R10 rear guards and a Bonnet?

Thanks

Advertisement

Jensen

Hi Jenson - I hear you got your your ignition woes sorted out OK

I have only used the chap down the end of Maquarie Place in Boronia for small bits and peices but he was fine. Apparently he is trusted with Porsche shells so he cant be too bad
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Cheers Haakon,

i think u might of suggested that bloke when i bought those panels. Ill check it out next week.

Yep got the ignition probs all sorted, would you belive it was 3 problems all at once! Firstly the ignition switch terminals all fried themselves, so replaced that but still couldn't kill the motor. Thus thought it must just be running on, so new pints condesor etc and tuned it, all good. next day running like a dog again, so re did it, same thing happened agian. Turns out the distributor was screwed, so chucked a new one on. runs beutifully but still couldnt turn it off

Turns out when i wired the reverse light in ( like 12 months ago!!) and converted it to an alternator i got power from the coil. Anyway it had no relay so it must of been tapping power from there. Chucked a relay in and got the power from the back of the Alternator and its all sorted, works perfect..

Now i can finally get round to respraying it over the uni holidays

Jensen

A few years back I saw an ad for a couple of outfits that had hot dip caustic tanks big enough to take complete body shells. If they havent been shut down by the EPA, they might be worth checking out. One of these mobs was in Melbourne, the other I think in Sydney. I cant remember the magazine that the adds were in.

Terry

Thread Information