whats the equivelant of the trading post in newzelan
  • Register
  • Help

Default whats the equivelant of the trading post in newzeland

i've liked pug 309's since i first saw them and eventually i think i want to to own one enentualy (preferably a GTI16 ),i know people don't generally think of them with high regard but, i seem to find them pretty cool looking and thy're basically a 205 mechanically and handeling wise afaik. at the moment though i'm just looking into the logistics which will remain similiar now or ina year or. so i'm wondering

a) whats the logistics in getting a container large enough to fit a car across from newzeland
    b) whats the equivelant of the tradeing post in newzeland
    c) were GTI's and GTI16's available in newzeland or would i have to look in europe

Advertisement
    Last edited by orestes; 30th May 2004 at 03:10 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

I have no idea about the logistics of getting one over to Australia.

htttp://www.trade-exchange.co.nz

Be aware the online ads are delayed/out of date.

http://www.trademe.co.nz

Be aware people usually ask way too much for Peugeots on this site. I wouldn't think many of the auction prices are indicative of what cars really sell for in the market place.

Yes, 309 GTi's were avaliable over here, in 3 and 5 door versions.

I highly doubt we have any 309 GTi16's here. I have a feeling they are not even avaliable in RHD form. Even then, there seem to be very few in Europe.

We do have quite a few 309 GTi 1.9's here. I have seen them going from $1500NZ upwards. At a guess I think you could pick one up from $2500-5000NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    I have no idea about the logistics of getting one over to Australia.

htttp://www.trade-exchange.co.nz

Be aware the online ads are delayed/out of date.

http://www.trademe.co.nz

Be aware people usually ask way too much for Peugeots on this site. I wouldn't think many of the auction prices are indicative of what cars really sell for in the market place.

Yes, 309 GTi's were avaliable over here, in 3 and 5 door versions.

I highly doubt we have any 309 GTi16's here. I have a feeling they are not even avaliable in RHD form. Even then, there seem to be very few in Europe.

We do have quite a few 309 GTi 1.9's here. I have seen them going from $1500NZ upwards. At a guess I think you could pick one up from $2500-5000NZ.

well if i am going to do it it seems cheap enough to actually buy the car and i guess the only thing that makes a GTI16 a GTI16 is the MI16 variant engine that was used in it whuch you could do the conversion to fairly easily. the only concern i'd have is the cost of shiping a container large enough.

p.s i really dont know what atracts me to the weird as far as being sold (or not sold as far as my 205 goes)in the asia pacific region model peugeots
    Last edited by orestes; 30th May 2004 at 07:39 PM.

Thread Information