Reliability
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JBN

Thread: Reliability

1000+ Posts

Default Reliability

For something on reliability a little different from our newspapers - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...-REVEALED.html

Advertisement

Sounds a bit wishi washi peugeot top Citroen way down might want to look at their latest advertising contracts

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Reliable covers so many fields, which is important to YOU..

Yep, but something to enjoy if you are an Australian Peugeot owner. Then again you can drive a car with a faulty GPS and get used to it but if the rest of the car isn't up to the mark mechanically in those reliability stakes. not so good.

Why we Renault owners get used to those electrickery things and/or just work our way around them, with a little bit of Aussie Frogs help of course..

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

If ever you are having misgivings about your Renault, you could try converting it to a Merc https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/28/drive...cedes-8404702/

Whoops, the Merc ranks lower on the list than the Renault!
    Last edited by turnbull151; 12th May 2019 at 05:45 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turnbull151 View Post
    If ever you are having misgivings about your Renault, you could try converting it to a Merc https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/28/drive...cedes-8404702/

Whoops, the Merc ranks lower on the list than the Renault!
    Now that was a bit murky! Why downgrade? owner must be from Ireland.

1000+ Posts

The survey is of customer whinges, 11,000 of them up to 2018.
    In total, the study measures 177 problem symptoms across eight different categories: vehicle exterior; driving experience; features/controls/displays (FCD); seats; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); vehicle interior; and engine and transmission and the audio, communication, entertainment and navigation systems.
    One of the biggest let-downs is sat-nav.

Citroen differs from Peugeot, but in Britain there are different models available than are sold here.

Isn't it amazing that 77 vehicles out of a total of 100 having faults is considered to be some kind of fantastic achievement.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Isn't it amazing that 77 vehicles out of a total of 100 having faults is considered to be some kind of fantastic achievement.
    The survey is relative Kim. Based on data from 11,530 car owners. I can't see where any claim has been made about "good".

FWIW a fault number of 77 is relatively better than Renault at 122.

Personally , I have some doubts about the accuracy of the data and wonder if any verification method was used to substantiate the data accuracy.

Of course it be that UK car owners are dills and can't operate the electronic devices properly, and the high service rate can be attributed to user error.

The data is based on the feedback from 11,530 owners of new vehicles registered from November 2015 to January 2018.

While the general consensus from drivers was that vehicles are becoming more reliable - improving on the results from last year - there are still a worrying number of issues caused by navigation systems fitted into the latest models.

UK car owners are the pickiest of the lot, they have an inbuilt hate of anything French and they are as mystified as I am as to how a French product came to top their list. Is it just possible that UK Peugeot owners think that because their cars are manufactured in places like Spain, Italy, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Russia they are not really French?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Personally , I have some doubts about the accuracy of the data and wonder if any verification method was used to substantiate the data accuracy.
    I not only agree, I concur. As with any opinion poll or product review, there will be a wide range of what respondents find is acceptable.

More than likely, the German brand owners have just as high an opinion of themselves as they do of their cars, and maybe make that purchase as a way of making themselves feel good, in exactly the same way as some people who are under-endowed get german shepherd dogs (or pit bulls).

I suspect that most of the Peugeot respondents just could not be arsed reporting it.

Is it just possible that UK Peugeot owners think that because their cars are manufactured in places like Spain, Italy, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Russia they are not really French?
    Yes, it's possible. But I fail to see how Sales are relevant to reliability rating.

However if one analyses the sales data it's your theory doesn't hold up.

UK SALES.JPG

Surprisingly, out of top selling 10 marques only two are notionally made in UK.

And Peugeot just misses out at 11, which is not to too shabby at all and rather disproves your theory
    Last edited by robmac; 12th May 2019 at 09:58 PM.

JBN

I liked some of the comments. One person reckons no one should be driving a French car older than 20 years. That wipes out most of Aussie Frogs! I reckon Citroen come into their own after 20 years. By then all faults that need to be fixed have been done by one or more of the previous exasperated owners. No one wants to park near you as they know what occupies a French letter and wonder if the same applies to the owner of the car. In any fight for a parking space, the newer non French car will concede as they doubt if the owner of this French relic will even have insurance.

John
    COL and alhantos like this.

Thread Information