• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: New Head of Renault Australia has "History w/- French Cars"

Default New Head of Renault Australia has "History w/- French Cars"

https://www.caradvice.com.au/752704/...ging-director/

Advertisement
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Already covered in Inchcape thread.

Who are Inchcape? Anything to do with Renault?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

They provide the management it would seem.

Whilst most Renaultphiles accept the existence of some other French automotive brands their distributorship details are only of passing interest. It is no doubt fortunate that Renault Australia has been continually domiciled here since 1966 when production started at Heidelberg so that there has been a continuing aspiration to promote the brand. If the new head of Renault Australia is responsible for the imminent demise of a couple of other French brands whilst at the same time making Renault products look attractive and indirectly increasing their sales, she was obviously a sleeper planted by the Regie to achieve that outcome and is being rewarded with the top job for her efforts.

Fellow Frogger!

Stupid question: what happened to Justin Hocevar? Is he still there? Sorry, I have not kept up.

Justin endeavoured to establish 'stand alone' Renault outlets, similar to what he did at BMW Motorrad when he pulled the brand out from under Harley Davidson and a number of others in multi brand dealerships, a move that re-established BMW motorbikes in their own right to much better brand recognition and obvious sales success.

The two stand-alone Renault outlets in Brisbane have since been re-absorbed into multi brand outlets with detrimental consequences in my view.
    Last edited by Breitie; 9th May 2019 at 08:34 AM.

Kim, I don’t think that is quite true (continuously here since 66). They left Australia in the mid 90’s and did not return until 2001 with the launch of the series 1 Scenic (for us) and the Clio Cup and similar non-RS Clio models.

Justin left before Andrew Moore took over. Reading between the lines, and stated from NO position of insider knowledge - I believe it may have been because he didn’t get his way on model line up, and perhaps an element of performance based. Sales not meeting targets.

With Andrew Moore, the official line is to spend more time with his young family. Recent sales figures announced obviously had nothing to do with it! ��
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Kim, I don’t think that is quite true (continuously here since 66). They left Australia in the mid 90’s and did not return until 2001 with the launch of the series 1 Scenic (for us) and the Clio Cup and similar non-RS Clio models.

Justin left before Andrew Moore took over. Reading between the lines, and stated from NO position of insider knowledge - I believe it may have been because he didn’t get his way on model line up, and perhaps an element of performance based. Sales not meeting targets.

With Andrew Moore, the official line is to spend more time with his young family. Recent sales figures announced obviously had nothing to do with it! ��
    I guess it depends on who you believe!

"Renault (Australia) Pty Ltd was established in the late 1950s to organise the importation and contract assembly of Renault vehicles in Australia. In August 1966 Renault Australia purchased the assembly facilities of Continental and General Distributors at Heidelberg in Victoria. Models including the Renault 10, 12, 16 were assembled and the company also entered into an agreement to assemble cars for Peugeot. Australian production ended with the closure of the Heidelberg plant in July 1981 with LNC Industries then taking over importation and distribution of Renaults in Australia. As of 2012, Renault vehicles are sold in Australia through Vehicle Distributors Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nissan Australia."

From: "Rest in peace: Australian auto industry dies at 69"

COL

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I guess it depends on who you believe!

"Renault (Australia) Pty Ltd was established in the late 1950s to organise the importation and contract assembly of Renault vehicles in Australia. In August 1966 Renault Australia purchased the assembly facilities of Continental and General Distributors at Heidelberg in Victoria. Models including the Renault 10, 12, 16 were assembled and the company also entered into an agreement to assemble cars for Peugeot. Australian production ended with the closure of the Heidelberg plant in July 1981 with LNC Industries then taking over importation and distribution of Renaults in Australia. As of 2012, Renault vehicles are sold in Australia through Vehicle Distributors Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nissan Australia."

From: "Rest in peace: Australian auto industry dies at 69"
    Well things went awfully quiet between 1995 and 2001. Just saying.
    Kim Luck likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Thread Information