Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF) - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF)

1000+ Posts

Default Export to Antarctica, nice fresh air straight off the ice!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Why don't you shift to NSW so you can enjoy "annual roadworthies" .... I'm sure you'd love it
    There are a couple of options, Haakon could purchase his own industrial filter mask, wear a hard hat, it would be an inconvenience of course as it is hard to shout epithets at other drivers through a muffle, but all those dickheads, retards, coal haulers, would probably regard him as some sort of nutcase with the filter mask. But we know different of course.

The rest of us will just behave nicely, mind our own business and enjoy driving.

Maybe we could all club in and assist him to buy a Tesla. Keep him happy and contented for a while. Then just sit back and wait for evolution and history to repeat itself- "bloody useless piece of merde these electric cars" Musk and his tards etc etc.... in a few years time.

Sigh

Ken

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Doesnít anyone go to school these days?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/0aA5NxTujqg

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    Reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/0aA5NxTujqg

I'm sure you feel a lot better after that Haakon. So will we when we figure out what it has to do with Froggy Chat!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I'm sure you feel a lot better after that Haakon. So will we when we figure out what it has to do with Froggy Chat!
    Well thatís what happens when the inconvenient subject (that canít be mentioned) is ruled out as being ineligible for discussion.
    The clock is ticking again I suspect.

Also - happy to take donations for the Tesla fund

Kenfuego likes this.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Drip feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I do, havenít listened to that in years. Cracker of an album and an innovative use of a filter mask

As for the relevance, youíll have to ask Ken...

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Tickling the funny bone, good tuning helps too!

Originally Posted by Haakon
    I do, havenít listened to that in years. Cracker of an album and an innovative use of a filter mask

As for the relevance, youíll have to ask Ken...

Dunno, but then I am not continually denigrating conventional fuel users. Quite happy with all but the clearly illegal badly adjusted exhaust systems on some older cars, trucks and buses, but the majority seem fine.

If one is hyper ventilating. I guess the hyper ventilators could install extra equipment in their vehicles [B]at their expense to hyper clean their air quality[/B] - not rocket science and industrial masks are cheap and filter out all sorts of nasties, fart smells, bad chemical battery smells etc. They do look a bit odd of course - but better than bleating and whingeing.

Like the return of a sense of humour though

Cheers

Ken

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

They don't do proper checks, its just a lights and tyre kicking exercise and not even that if you know a bloke... I'm thinking more along the lines of the German TUV system.
    Yeah, lets forget the fact statistically road-worthies make absolutely no difference to the road tolls the answer is easy however. You just need to move to California... You will love it there!!
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Dunno, but then I am not continually denigrating conventional fuel users. Quite happy with all but the clearly illegal badly adjusted exhaust systems on some older cars, trucks and buses, but the majority seem fine.

If one is hyper ventilating. I guess the hyper ventilators could install extra equipment in their vehicles [B]at their expense to hyper clean their air quality[/B] - not rocket science and industrial masks are cheap and filter out all sorts of nasties, fart smells, bad chemical battery smells etc. They do look a bit odd of course - but better than bleating and whingeing.

Like the return of a sense of humour though

Cheers

Ken
    What about an old shitbox rover with an exhaust that is falling off I might have to start wearing ear muffs myself soon
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Yeah, lets forget the fact statistically road-worthies make absolutely no difference to the road tolls the answer is easy however. You just need to move to California... You will love it there!!
    I was talking about emissions checks...

1000+ Posts

I think the underlying message is that so called emissions checks were dodgy anyway and had political overtones, a form of Obama era tariff protection skewed against vehicles imported into America, a form of underhand protectionism disguised in a sheep's clothing and that seemed to come out in the VW shock horror! deceptive behaviour as they thought they identified the deception. Strong conspiracy suggestion that the American domestic produced vehicles were given a nod and wink pass on the emission testing.

Old history now of course.

Ken

Jesus, you find a conspiracy theory on annual vehicle condition checks...? Thatís a talent.

Nagaman and dino like this.

1000+ Posts

I used to think the Australiaís mandatory voting laws guaranteed a Trump couldnít be elected.
    It now seems - how soon.

IMG_1565818796.998525.jpg

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Haakon likes this.
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

1000+ Posts

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Accuracy helps truth.. Inference is an aquired art? Or spin.

I bow to your talent of misquotation, perhaps deliberate?

Originally Posted by Haakon
    Jesus, you find a conspiracy theory on annual vehicle condition checks...? Thatís a talent.

Thank goodness my reply had your quote specifically introducing emissions testing- so my reply was right to your point of course!

We motorists do need a good thinking gene, as for years the mechanical literature claimed Diesel was much safer than Petrol because the combustion process didn't create dangerous carbon monoxide. Now that was a truth, but it took many years to reveal "other things" that could be deleterious to health and well being , or was that a Conspiracy theory too? From the other side of course, but pays to be fair and objective. Often truths aren't the whole story, just like your inference above !!

Ken

Thus my suggestion of moving to California Exhaust emissions checks in a country such as australia is sheer lunacy ( a typical loony greeny suggestion).

The best thing to do for the environment is reduce the age of the car fleet on the australian roads (if we ignore the costs to the environment of actually building new cars). This seems to be happening quite rapidly. You rarely see cars of the raods from the 90's for example.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

1000+ Posts

Those of us who were driving in the 60s might remember exhaust emissions were checked in the annual rego check. They stuck the probe up your tail pipe. I always tuned my carbies before turning up for rego.

Haakon ought to come to the mechanic near me if he comes to NSW - they hoisted, and spent 45 minutes looking over a low mileage C4 that was having its first check. I've never been lucky enough to have one of these cursory look-ats that you interstate blokes think happens - mechanics see them as a source of new work.

1000+ Posts

Thus my suggestion of moving to California Exhaust emissions checks in a country such as australia is sheer lunacy ( a typical loony greeny suggestion).

The best thing to do for the environment is reduce the age of the car fleet on the australian roads (if we ignore the costs to the environment of actually building new cars). This seems to be happening quite rapidly. You rarely see cars of the raods from the 90's for example.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Couldn't agree more DC my observation is we really have little problem apart from those I pointed out in my post at #34

Quite happy with all but the clearly illegal badly adjusted exhaust systems on some older cars, trucks and buses, but the majority seem fine.
    Sometimes my sensitive nose picks up the odd smell from an LPG fuelled car or truck, but that seems part of the LPG combustion and I just shut the vent to keep the worst out or just back off a bit, mostly it's pretty good and not worth getting knickers in a knot.

Ken

I can smell a new diesel car 50m back on the freeway... And I used to smoke, so my nose shouldnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Couldn't agree more DC my observation is we really have little problem apart from those I pointed out in my post at #34

Sometimes my sensitive nose picks up the odd smell from an LPG fuelled car or truck, but that seems part of the LPG combustion and I just shut the vent to keep the worst out or just back off a bit, mostly it's pretty good and not worth getting knickers in a knot.

Ken
    LPG is one of the cleanest burning fuels. It does have a unique aroma though .... I can smell the stink of the nutters that wear there man perfume after riding their expensive brand name bikes while wearing there superman costumes from a mile off too. Can we outlaw these fruitloops too
    Kenfuego and cjl like this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

I can smell a new diesel car 50m back on the freeway... And I used to smoke, so my nose shouldnt work.
    It has been suggested by some that the problem might be that your olefactory sensor may be located too close to your fundamental orifice......
    cjl likes this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Those of us who were driving in the 60s might remember exhaust emissions were checked in the annual rego check. They stuck the probe up your tail pipe. I always tuned my carbies before turning up for rego.

Haakon ought to come to the mechanic near me if he comes to NSW - they hoisted, and spent 45 minutes looking over a low mileage C4 that was having its first check. I've never been lucky enough to have one of these cursory look-ats that you interstate blokes think happens - mechanics see them as a source of new work.
    When all that roadworthy was being bought into operation, as part of my duties I was allocated government files asking for me to carry out checks on the persons and car firms etc. that were applying to be licensed as vehicle testers. All the main Bell Street car dealers and the major Ford Dealers had to be interviewed and Automotive Industry qualifications checked as all firms were keen to get what was a state licence to make money via the roadworthiness regulations and be authorised to sign off on their second-hand or trade in vehicles sold to the public with a roadworthiness certificate.

The managers all told me that of course they had an "A" grade automotive engineer on staff, and that was rather embarrassing for their staff as no one had an actual "A" grade automotive qualification, even though they had years working their way through apprenticeship and in the trade. Funny thing the only real "A" Grade automotive Engineer in the District was at the very small garage in Heidelberg that had the contract to service our police vehicles, quite funny as I had heard fellow police officers "sling off" or put down their mechanical ability as Australians seem to regularly do. So it was delightful to point out that the owner of the garage who did supervise and actively work on our cars WAS an "A" Grade mechanical Engineer and he hadn't applied to be a roadworthiness checker.

As usual facts caused a quick re-assessment and the qualification quickly reviewed so that mechanics who had years of working in the trade could apply to have that recognition adopted for time served tradesmen and able to be granted "A" grade certificate status.

I'm told that due to some dodgy practices identified years later, things have tightened up but nod and wink, "which wheel do you want taken off for a physical brake inspection" might still apply, but better for those actually performing such inspections in the trade to comment if they wish - meticulous insistence on compliance does mean a lot of money in fault rectification for the garage owners.

The trade has always backed vehicle inspection and like the idea of annual inspections if politicians can be convinced to vote annual inspection in like NSW.

Ken

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information