Renault getting good coverage at F1 GP.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Fordman
  • 1 Post By JoBo
  • 2 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: Renault getting good coverage at F1 GP.

Default Renault getting good coverage at F1 GP.

Watching the GP Qualifying yesterday (on TV), Renault Australia will be getting great promotional mileage from this years Melbourne F1 GP.

With local boy, Dan Ricciardo, in the Renault team this year, they are getting lots of interviews and team coverage, with the yellow colour and the Renault Diamond everywhere. Usually the Renault team get very little coverage compared to the top teams.

Shots of the crowd show a great number of yellow caps, the Renault merchandise must be popular.

To their credit, Renault Australia (I guess) have supplied the Safety Car for the support events at least, I don't know if it will be there for the actual GP race.

At this moment, early Sunday coverage, Mark Webber is in the Renault pits with close up views of the cars and team members.

So Renault Australia will be doing well from this event.
    Event is free-to-air all day on Channel 10, main GP race at 4.00pm today.

(Edit: I stuffed up editing the time of the race start, and inadvertently deleted the similar thread I started yesterday, sorry).

Advertisement

David M likes this.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Letís see if it translates to sales the Renault canít be the safety car itís to slow for f1

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

JBN

Its the Red Bull car that got very poor coverage. I think it was going too fast.

John

Well, a sad start to the season for the "Honey Badger", now renamed the "Concrete Culvert Badger"..............
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

It looked like crap off track preparation to me. Sure, he drove over the line of the track limit but a 'pothole' just to the side of a race track super slack from the people preparing the track!
    Fordman likes this.
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

Yes, as Dan said, you don't expect that sort of ditch in that area, and you can bet it won't be there next year. A small glitch in an otherwise well-run event, but very bad luck for Dan and his team.

Regardless of the results, the whole event was huge promotionally for Renault Australia, in my opinion. I heard Mark Webber comment that the place was "yellowed out" or words to that effect.

Ironically, for the AF V8 Supercars haters, the yellow Renault Megane safety car got lots of TV coverage leading them around on safety car laps after various incidents, as it did for many laps in other categories as well. I noted there were at least 2 of the Meganes on duty during the day.

And the remaining Renault in the race finishing 7th, not too bad, the team could be sitting just behind the top 3 of Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull for the rest of the season, with a bit of luck.

2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

I suspect that the real competition this year will be with the ‘mid’ field, the teams behind the top three as their times seemed close.
    Fordman and Kim Luck like this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information