What gives? Old Mac on 10.13.6 fine where I write this

frogs.jpg

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Upgraded to Mojave on my Mac, now Aussie frogs looks like Road Kill Frog

What gives? Old Mac on 10.13.6 fine where I write this

frogs.jpg

Nothing to do with your upgrade, it will come good. . .
    I've no idea what is causing this, I've spoken with our host and they say not at their end. I've had this happen a couple of times now over the last few weeks and it does resolve. Nothing to do with home set-up, all computers, phones, ipad, all browsers affected.

At this stage only advice is to wait it out. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    Kenfuego likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

AF not happy😕

I can't open any thread with new posts. Error 502.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Default Upgrade Mac to latest 10.14.3 Frogs Broken

good there I was thinking I was being hacked. I upgraded apple junk but didn't make the connection that was what had occurred.

I just started using the app which works fine but I just like the browser version as you can see everything immediately.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

At home on my Mac the forum looks terrible. At work on Windows, everything looks fine.

Greenblood,

On the App the only recent post that cannot be read or even appear when selected is the

307 HDI radio post.

On the tap talk it has not been available to view for at least 4 days.

Still can't access AF through Android phone using Chrome has error 521 host error.

Cloudflare Singapore is working

Cheers Dimi

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

1000+ Posts

all computers, phones, ipad, all browsers affected.
    That doesn't appear to be so. I use only Linux computers (running different distros) and always connect direct bypassing Cloudflare. Browsers vary, sometimes (old) Opera, sometimes Vivaldi. I haven't noticed any problems, not on a 10 year old box with an obsolete browser, nor on a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    That doesn't appear to be so. I use only Linux computers (running different distros) and always connect direct bypassing Cloudflare. Browsers vary, sometimes (old) Opera, sometimes Vivaldi. I haven't noticed any problems, not on a 10 year old box with an obsolete browser, nor on a new system.
    It's pretty bizarre, this has been my experience over the last month. . .

Randomly the forum loads scrambled, links work but navigation is woeful. When this happens it affects all devices at home - I have spoken with other forum users who at the same time are having no issues? This may last a day or so and resolves without intervention (problems are accompanied with multiple 521 errors). Because it appeared to be my home location I suspected my home isp Optus? Trying to talk with Optus support was a waste of time. I have also spoken with our forum host who insist it is not an issue at their end?

So, random and does not universally affect all users at any one time? Clearing cache, using different browsers etc. has no benefit.

Question: Those having issues, what isp are you with?

Dimistyle, for the record AF app is currently working fine (here at home), posts are fully up to date, I can find and read the 307 radio thread. I don't use tap-talk app.

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

AF completely fine on my late 2013 MacBook with 10.14.3 and Safari.
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

1000+ Posts

Error 521 comes from the intermediary, Cloudflare, which was unable to connect to the Aussiefrogs hosting server. Cloudflare tried to connect on port 80 or 443, but received a connection refused error. My direct connections have never been refused, apart from the regular over-use trouble.

This isn't a user ISP problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sfrawley View Post
    AF completely fine on my late 2013 MacBook with 10.14.3 and Safari.
    on a shared laptop as above and my macmini, both running mojave for about three months, the errors are occasional - no more than before upgrading though.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    It's pretty bizarre, this has been my experience over the last month. . .

Randomly the forum loads scrambled, links work but navigation is woeful. When this happens it affects all devices at home - I have spoken with other forum users who at the same time are having no issues? This may last a day or so and resolves without intervention (problems are accompanied with multiple 521 errors). Because it appeared to be my home location I suspected my home isp Optus? Trying to talk with Optus support was a waste of time. I have also spoken with our forum host who insist it is not an issue at their end?

So, random and does not universally affect all users at any one time? Clearing cache, using different browsers etc. has no benefit.

Question: Those having issues, what isp are you with?
    At home where the forum looks scrambled:
    • MacBook Pro 13" (2013) running macOS 10.14.3
    • Have tried both Safari and Chrome, forum looks the same (i.e. terrible)
    • ISP: Optus Cable

At work where the forum looks great:
    • Dell Latitude 7390 running Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
    • Chrome browser
    • ISP: AARNet

What I will do tonight is disconnect from my home network and hotspot to my iPhone to bypass Optus and see if the forum looks ok.

Regards,
    Pete.

1000+ Posts

The 521 is nothing to do with end users, as stated above. When the MAC OS was updated, was there also a browser update? If so, try another browser not made by Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    The 521 is nothing to do with end users, as stated above. When the MAC OS was updated, was there also a browser update? If so, try another browser not made by Apple.
    When I have an issue, and it is intermittent and random, it affects all devices and browsers. I use a Windows laptop running Vista (don't ask), A Windows PC Win10, an ipad, and iphone with latest upgrades. When it resolves all devices and browsers work as usual. This only happens accessing AF.

I believe because of your experience, it has more to do with Cloudflare, (bypassing Cloudflare). If this is the case I guess we need to look at security setting etc. Something that I'll have to talk to gibgib about. . .

diesel pete: I have tried using the iphone with home wireless switched off using 3g - I'm with Moose Mobile who use the Optus network so inconclusive but same experience.

Currently, I have no problems, site loads quickly and fully

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

diesel pete: I have tried using the iphone with home wireless switched off using 3g - I'm with Moose Mobile who use the Optus network so inconclusive but same experience.

Currently, I have no problems, site loads quickly and fully

Cheers
    Chris
    Thanks Chris.

I've just tried at home on the Mac hot-spotted to my iPhone which is on the Telstra 4G network, but the forum is still scrambled.

Very strange. I also get the 521 Error intermittently.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    Thanks Chris.

I've just tried at home on the Mac hot-spotted to my iPhone which is on the Telstra 4G network, but the forum is still scrambled.

Very strange. I also get the 521 Error intermittently.
    That's useful info just the same, I guess a further test would be to clear cache in your browser and repeat.
    How long has your access been scrambled, mine comes good within 48 hours and is most troublesome from Sunday on, might coincide with onsite backups?

I'll get in touch with the forum owner (gibgib) armed with a little more info. . . thanks

Cheers
    Chris
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

Mine is roadkill also with a persistent 521 error. On 3 win10 machines and Android phone. Optus cable on all.

The only way I am here is to use the tapatalk app. I am going to break records for malware infection, but I can invest in "slots" and I can buy some pills and spray that allows you to put up tents and scaffolds quicker. My life is complete.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk
    4's 16's and Caravelle

1000+ Posts

FYI mine's all good on both laptops; Win 7 and Google Chrome on #1 and also on my Linux laptop #2 running Mozilla.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Mine not fine,

Same cloud fire stuff as above, error on every page, refreshing page each tone after its loaded had me browsing, header up the top is over giant column.

ISP is Telstra, using what ever is the testing version of Firefox on Debian.

That's useful info just the same, I guess a further test would be to clear cache in your browser and repeat.
    How long has your access been scrambled, mine comes good within 48 hours and is most troublesome from Sunday on, might coincide with onsite backups?

I'll get in touch with the forum owner (gibgib) armed with a little more info. . . thanks

Cheers
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

I did clear out my cache before I hot spotted to my phone. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. But it made no difference anyway.

However, lo and behold when I logged in just now here at home on my MacBook, the forum is back to it's good-looking self! I didn't change anything else so I guess that means the issue must not be anything to do with my computer or macOS.

I can't remember exactly when the forum first looked bad on the Mac but it has been more than a week at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    Hi Chris,

I did clear out my cache before I hot spotted to my phone. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. But it made no difference anyway.

However, lo and behold when I logged in just now here at home on my MacBook, the forum is back to it's good-looking self! I didn't change anything else so I guess that means the issue must not be anything to do with my computer or macOS.

I can't remember exactly when the forum first looked bad on the Mac but it has been more than a week at the least.
    All good here too, been fine now for a solid week - fingers crossed!

Cheers
    Chris
    diesel pete likes this.
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

I've just seen this thread.

I was unable to use the Aussiefrogs app for anything, including logging in, for about 2 weeks leading up to about the time the thread was started. Logging in was obviously the major hassle. It kept telling me that my password was wrong - but it hadn't been changed, at least not by me! I suspected that I'd been hacked.

I tried Safari on my iPad, and used that to change my password. Well, try to change my password. That just made matters worse! Everything was unusable then.

Back to my Mac which is running 10.14 - and everything was fine for about an hour. At least I was able to fix the password issue.

I could see threads. I couldn't really read them because most of the formatting was so bad. When I did manage to read something, I couldn't reply, even though I was logged in. And I couldn't start a thread, either.

Anyway, all seems good now. And if you're still interested to know, Greenblood, my ISP is Southern Phone.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    GreenBlood likes this.
    Current cars: Peugeot 307 HDi Touring; Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; Peugeot 406 HDi, Peugeot 505 Familiale
    Previous cars: 1965 Peugeot 404; 1972 Renault 16TS; 1970 Peugeo 504 1800; 1978 Peugeot 504 GL; 1976 Peugeot 504 LTI; 1984 Peugeot 505 Familiale; 1982 Peugeot 604 (converted to TD) 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

Still using the latest version of Opera on W10, and apart from the occasional refusal of the server to answer calls, within a couple of minutes or less I'm back on air. Seems to depend on traffic, really........
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information