• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By halfamill

Thread: Peugeot 3008 and 5008 Premium Focal Sound system available

Fellow Frogger!

Default Peugeot 3008 and 5008 Premium Focal Sound system available

Ref:Peugeot 207 speaker upgrade.

This Thread is to highlight the availability of the Premium Focal Sound system in the 3008 & 5008 vehicles. I purchased a excellent 3008 GT Line Jan 18 and to my surprise the sound system was not the top end Focal system but a PSA Pioneer. Upon querying Peugeot Australia, they said the sound systems available are installed in accordance with the level of the vehicle build standard and the Premium Focal System was only Premium option in Europe was not available in Australia. Now the 3008 & 5008 have been designed from conception in partnership with Focal to give a Premium Hi Fidelity cabin environment and this was highlighted on the Paris release of this vehicle.

Advertisement

Do I trade my excellent 3008 GT Line for the 3008 Crossways with this Premium Focal Sound system???

https://www.motoring.com.au/peugeot-...leased-117180/
    Last edited by halfamill; 27th February 2019 at 04:49 PM.

1000+ Posts

It seems to indicate that the ‘old’ EAT6 is still the auto transmission.
    The latest is the EAT8 speed, so is this a special stock ‘clearance’ version?.
    I would expect the Focal upgrade will be an option on at least the upper version when the new ones arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fellow Frogger!

Ref: https://www.focal.com/en/automotive-...n-peugeot-3008

Yes, I noticed it was a lower spec 'Allure' vehicle clearance, with the Premium sound package. It is similar to some of the English Allure trim packages with diamond black roof finish ( which I'd prefer not on Australian spec in 40C summers, although it has not bothered me on the inside, but significantly hotter to touch in the sun compared to white on the outside). Could be a limited run testing the local demand for the Focal sound system??? I go and check it out!
    Last edited by halfamill; 28th February 2019 at 07:14 PM.

1000+ Posts

^^^^^ yeah, when I was checking a GT version some time ago I was disappointed to find it wasn’t even available as an option back then. I imagine they’re going to have to sharpen the pencil too.

Fellow Frogger!

Peugeot here had a 5008 Crossways available in the lot and a 3008 Crossways in detailing. Pat and I jumped into the 5008 (all black) and I fired it up for the air conditioning then we proceeded to investigate the Focal sound system, controls are similar to 3008 GT Line, maybe it is just the speaker system. Initially it seemed a little similar to the GT Line speakers but we were on FM or AM stations and had to change a few settings to find a few DAB stations which there were many to choose from. The new Euro DAB+ system certainly sparked up reception around here. I used known stations e.g. DAB ABC Classic FM which was playing ‘Mendelson’, DAB Triple J , I remember Pink Floyd ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ and Classic Rock Joe Cocker,’ She Came in through the bathroom window’. These really had the system far exceeding the GT Line standard fit speakers in fidelity and depth of sound.
    You can feel the body shell pulse with sub. Also the radio station vocal sounded as if you are in their mouth – maybe the ‘voice’ setting would be more realistic. Naturally, we didn’t use more than half volume but the response loosened the stones in my kidneys but my ears didn’t bleed too much! The ‘all passengers’ and ‘Front only’ did move the mean sound centre dramatically.
    I’d love to have this system in our GT Line, probably well worth the extra grand at least or whatever it cost (£1000 option in GB).
    Nagaman likes this.

1000+ Posts

I’ve had the hots for a 3008 since the current version was released. But, for us living in the country with a lockup garage and being retired, I cannot justify a complex ICE car when for similar money I can enter the new era of genuinely cheap long term motoring with something like the Korean Kona/Niro offerings which would serve our purpose perfectly.
    If only PSA were up with the move as fast.

Thread Information