• Help
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By JoBo
  • 1 Post By geckoeng
  • 1 Post By Russell Hall
  • 2 Post By FIVEDOOR
  • 2 Post By Kim Luck
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen

Thread: Doomsayers - not dead yet.......

Fellow Frogger!

Default Doomsayers - not dead yet.......

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-fumes-117149/

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

That's a turn up for the books in France. Wonder what Macaroon is going to do about diesel taxes now (didn't he increase diesel tax and in turn upset a huge part of the population?). Vestes jaunes will be pleased?
    Kenfuego likes this.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

Not a peep about Renault? That's because it was a totally independent survey......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Who PAID for the survey, is the real test.........

Like the Tobacco Lobby had independent tests done to prove cigarettes were not dangerous to your health.

Its a big scam ...............
    Kim Luck likes this.
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

1000+ Posts

Life is dangerous to your health.
    bluey504 likes this.

or in a similar vein, birthdays are dangerous, too many will kill you.
    jaahn and bluey504 like this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Although an absence of birthdays can have a more immediate result............
    85Fuego and bluey504 like this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hall View Post
    Life is dangerous to your health.
    Life is a sexually transmitted fatal disease........

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    And death is just nature's way of telling you to slow down..........

1000+ Posts

Pretty sad for Occasional Cortex and puppet kids if that is demonstrable by "other" Diesel manufacturers, but then they were homing in on petrol and gas as well and don't even think of converting coal to any sort of motor fuel but then there are donkeys in abundance as long as they don't fart and maybe we could go back to donkey carts, dog carts.

I am sure I could adapt in any case.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Occasional Cortex
    That's a new one, I thought 'Occasionally Coherent' was the usual nickname.

Anyway, I'll likely be dead before IC engines are totally banned.
    My grandchildren can enjoy a world of self-drive electrical cars and clear smog-free skies.
    (Animal powered vehicles will upset the animal liberationists).
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Who PAID for the survey, is the real test.........

Like the Tobacco Lobby had independent tests done to prove cigarettes were not dangerous to your health.

Its a big scam ...............
    No doubt the engines and emissions will be dissected to the n-th degree.
    If correct, doesn't matter WHO paid for them, the answer is what we're checking.

All manufacturers knew about SCR but the almighty $ swayed the non-inclusion.

ADAC is independent. They have no affiliation or interest in any manufacturer just like our RAC.

What if the animal voluntarily moved form one place to another and we just hitched a ride?
    Kenfuego likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Icon12 Oh dear my diesel was a LITTLE dearer...its the cool Melbourne weather I think.

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    That's a new one, I thought 'Occasionally Coherent' was the usual nickname.

Anyway, I'll likely be dead before IC engines are totally banned.
    My grandchildren can enjoy a world of self-drive electrical cars and clear smog-free skies.
    (Animal powered vehicles will upset the animal liberationists).

Wait for the next scare and that will probably highly emotional charged stuff and will prompt some politician to invent a tax to save the world, the whale, or whatever .probably wont do anything, but they will have a party on the tax raised and that should keep me and mine comfortable in my elderly years as all you tax payers (hopefully) work on keeping us alive.

When that "youth in Asia" stuff spreads we oldies might have to form a union. and shout what do we want and when do we want it slogans as the young'uns try to regulate our breathing

I should have been a politician and retired with multi millions like Malcolm the muddler..

and diesel went up today when I bought it at Costco to $133.7 a litre, Oh hell doom gloom and then I saw a Shell servo with LPG at 82 cents , but our BP has it at 64 so no serious person will buy from them I hope. And 98 RON at Costco was 138.7 and if you use it ULP 91 was 123.7 cents a litre. Pre election bump so prices can be lower in May?

Ken

1000+ Posts

Default Hmm ??

Hi
    Ken taxing your breathing is such a great idea. A tax on something we have to do Still time to put your name foward for the elections !!

To the matter in hand, diesels ! If you believe what is written about the modern diesels and their exhaust controls to get the pollution low, I would be interested in how they will be to own and operate in this ultra low NOX configuration. I have no direct information but some articles imply the cost for some BIG brands, to maintain them and fix them at relatively low KMs can be extremely high. The aftermarket fitments seems big business.

Anyone got any juicy stories that are directly verifiable. The Froggy diesels are not mentioned in these stories.
    Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Allan 'Swampy' Marsh espoused the same line, how would Keef Richards do it!
    Brendan.

1000+ Posts

Icon9 In a nut shell where we are at...

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    Ken taxing your breathing is such a great idea. A tax on something we have to do Still time to put your name foward for the elections !!

To the matter in hand, diesels ! If you believe what is written about the modern diesels and their exhaust controls to get the pollution low, I would be interested in how they will be to own and operate in this ultra low NOX configuration. I have no direct information but some articles imply the cost for some BIG brands, to maintain them and fix them at relatively low KMs can be extremely high. The aftermarket fitments seems big business.

Anyone got any juicy stories that are directly verifiable. The Froggy diesels are not mentioned in these stories.
    Jaahn
    Totally agree with you Jaahn, it will be interesting to see where this development goes with actual vehicle Manufacturers. Will they risk making/investing? if there is a lobby group waiting in the wings to attack them, and their investors (the life and blood of industry?) or actively tilting the market against buying their product even, if it is an excellent one that will stand scrutiny on those emissions figures and also supplies the traditional economy that Diesel customers have come to expect.

That is at the root of the yellow jackets protests, because at one time French motorists were actively encouraged to buy diesels as they used less fuel per kilometre travelled (at least that was the spin from various French governments) In effect pushing back any fear of Peak oil and savings on that commodity import.

Then the Macron government for its own political reasons, reversed that encouragement with punitive taxation, hence the riots that have been so effective in reversing that policy (of punitive taxation) so successful that now other groups are copying the yellow jacket political impetus for other agenda's

By the way punitive taxation on Diesel motors has been waiting in the wings here in Australia, but our whole goods system and passenger transport and some rail, rides on the use of Diesel motor use, so the knock on effect of such taxation imposed, would be huge and with the distances travelled in Australia and lack of any infrastructure to immediately replace transport fuel, the impact would be political suicide, even though some environmental and government "public servants" ? advocate that course, but don't have to deal with the voter backlash that will come surely as night and day happens.

So the present push is to greenmail automotive firms to dissuade them from producing anything but a marketable green vehicle, even if there is no present infrastructure to support the vehicles in Australia. They say, need will fix the infrastructure and market, and if it doesn't they will have their thumb heavily placed on the scale to shift public opinion ! So it really doesn't matter what technical advances might be made, it is public policy by emotional that will rule.

My take is that if governments had anticipated that kind of market muscle years back the wouild have provided almost endless nuclear CLEAN (spin....) electricity in excess of future requirements at a reasonable cost, and with appropriate charging points at every corner or technology that would allow rapid recharge from home power points. That done and dusted, then we would be driving electric cars now at least in the major cities.

Cleaner cities, saving lives by eliminating pollution or some other spin or just common sense solutions for ordinary people to embrace as advised by their governments (said with a very grave voice..;.). that is all it would take and coupled with lower power bills for ordinary folk.

So I will await with bated breath, for the advent of these new diesel motor technology shifts, and hope that breath abatement process might make our breathing less regulated or tied to ability to pay!

Regards

Ken

Thread Information