• Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dijon16
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR
  • 1 Post By dmccurtayne
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR

Thread: WRC spoiler Loeb vs Grönholm

Default WRC spoiler Loeb vs Grönholm

Ex 206 champion Grönholm beat Sébastien in the first stage of rally Sweden driving a Yaris WRC the 50 year old has since fallen down the field coming off the road in ss4.
    The c3s are running 5th and 6th with Ogier running as a snow plough for the first full day.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Advertisement

** MORE SPOILERS **

Ogier is out, having clipped a snow bank on SS6 which dragged him in, making a substantial deposit.

Gronholm is out, also had a magnetic attraction to a snowbank in SS4.

Loeb was rusty on snow but got better as the day went on.

Top-placed French car is Lappi in 5th.

I have been to this rally twice. There is nothing better than standing outside at a measured minus 23, although walking to one stage at minus 15 during the day was so warm that most people removed their caps and gloves.

They give you small folding foam mats to stand on. People light fires in pits, there's hotdog stands everywhere. People arrive at the stages on their snowmobiles, as the carpark is invariably a good walk away.

It is a unique experience, takes some planning, not cheap but not too dear either. Have to do it once in your life if you are a rally fan.
    dmccurtayne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dijon16 View Post
    ** MORE SPOILERS **
    Gronholm is out, also had a magnetic attraction to a snowbank in SS4.
    Gronholm had a spin on SS1, SS2 and SS3 when he also hit a tree. He will continue on Saturday . Must be bit rusty or is it case of mind and body being out of sync. The mind says I can do it but the body fail to perform to the required standard.
    dmccurtayne likes this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

I think the variety of conditions from ice to slush to gravel gave most teams headaches. Cheers to the guys up front who overcame them!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Live at 1250am on red bull tv to those who can stay up that long or you wa types.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Live at 1250am on red bull tv to those who can stay up that long or you wa types.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    I'll watch it "on demand" at Red Bull TV tomorrow morning, thanks! I'm sure the results won't change overnight.......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

VIP Sponsor

I use WRC live. Every stage live.

Default WRC spoiler Loeb vs Grönholm

I can’t justify paying for that as well as fox Netflix and prime I had it last year but $90 bucks a year for like 15 rallies or so but if I hadn’t had found that red bull tv I probably would have, fox must have run out of cash to get the WRC this year

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Default Spoiler alert - comment on progressive results

After 17 of the 19 stages Lappi in Citroen is fighting in second place with Tanak in Toyota with a 50 plus second lead. This Tanak bloke might be worth watching for the title this year and the Toyota's appear to be on the money, although its still early.

Many drivers have had offs/spins in the very challenging conditions(I lost count). At one stage Teemu Sunninen (another Finn in a MSport Ford) was leading the rally, but he too had an off. The milder weather has reduced road surface to slush and with rally tyres cutting through the slush they are running on mud in places, which causes the studs to fall out and lessening traction levels in the snowy/icy bits. The level of traction also varies greatly from place to place, which has made it a challenging event this year.
    Every day is a good day

How good is it have Marcus gronholm back for one rally aye aye aye.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    How good is it have Marcus gronholm back for one rally aye aye aye.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    I agree. He was asked what his future plans for WRC were, he gave a very definite this is it. I think it was only ever a one race thing and given Tommi runs Toyota team he was able to arrange top level car.

As an aside, Bottas took the opportunity to run MSport Ford in the Arctic Lapland Rally recently with a respectable 5th placing in his first WRC car drive. Estimates put the cost of the outing in the vicinity of 150,000 to 200,000 Euros.
    Every day is a good day

I’ll take two

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    FIVEDOOR likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    After 17 of the 19 stages Lappi in Citroen is fighting in second place with Tanak in Toyota with a 50 plus second lead. This Tanak bloke might be worth watching for the title this year and the Toyota's appear to be on the money, although its still early.

Many drivers have had offs/spins in the very challenging conditions(I lost count). At one stage Teemu Sunninen (another Finn in a MSport Ford) was leading the rally, but he too had an off. The milder weather has reduced road surface to slush and with rally tyres cutting through the slush they are running on mud in places, which causes the studs to fall out and lessening traction levels in the snowy/icy bits. The level of traction also varies greatly from place to place, which has made it a challenging event this year.
    I'm really worried that the climate cannot put on the snow and ice covered dirt tracks that these immensely well paid drivers in their fantastically expensive cars that are look-alike F1 style copies of production sedans are now having to put up with. Where will it all end? Rallying is just like sailing, you get what you get, and some are better than others at overcoming the conditions.............

Default Final results

1/ Tanak - Toyota

2/ Lappi - Citroen

3/ Neuville - Hyundai

Rest of the results can be found here

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/results/s...26-227---.html

Kim,

When rallying was still poetry

bluey504 likes this.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information