• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dmccurtayne
  • 1 Post By JoBo

Thread: 2014 T9 308 Blue HDi 2.0 Battery replaced

Default 2014 T9 308 Blue HDi 2.0 Battery replaced

Dear Puggers!

I replaced my Stop/Start battery today on the advice that the previous battery was causing my Stop/Start to not work, i.e., the battery was low. Indeed it was at around a third of the output it should be.

Also, replacing the battery would fix my Park Assist fault where the sensors now do not operate so I have had to switch this off.

Needless to say, the new battery appears to have not made the blind bit of difference to the car. My Stop/Start still does not function and the Park Assist is still not working.

Advertisement

I really need some help from Puggers who have a T9 308 and have experienced any of these issues so i can find a solution. I need to state that the ONLY Peugeot dealer here in WA is unhelpful and over 500kms away so I have to fend for myself trawling through forums and YouTube to maintain my vehicle. These 2 problems I have not managed to find a solution to however, please help!

What sort of battery did you replace it with same agm with same cca have you got a diag tool plugged in codes read this system requires a period of relearning have you tried turning the ac off.
    With the park sensors if I recall you had an accident or something before it failed I have seen these sensors fail after even a small hit they are just a thin coil of wire after all.
    You really need to invest in some sort of diag tool if not a diagbox maybe a ds150e Delphi both can be had for less than a $100 if you donít want to trek to Perth

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Thanks dmccurtayne,
    Interestingly, the Stop/Start has kicked in again and now I am researching the benefits and downside of having this switched on. Does it add additional wear and tear on Pugs or have they been modified to eliminate too much wear on startup? This is what I am researching presently. I replaced the battery with a Century Stop/Start DIN 65LH - 760CCA 70AH and all seems well today.
    Yes, you are right about my parking sensors and I could not find the original thread. The Park Assist has been in failure mode ever since I had the front bumper replaced and there was some inference that the ECU needed a reset. I have so far not been able to a: find a local mechanic with the appropriate diag tool to do a reset; and b: find any fuse, module or governor for the park assist that may require such a reset apart from the box in the boot. But this module has no reset option that I can see unless I can obtain teh right diag tool.

Itís kicked in because itís learnt the new power status.
    The stop start extra wear is so minor it doesnít bother thinking about psa has had stop start for over a decade and Iíve seen no extra failures.
    With the park sensors who ever told you it needed a reset I assume the smash repairer is full of $&@& they are like airbags and abs units they self check on start up so you likely have a dodgy sensor anyone with a good general scan tool like a snapon verus etc will be able to help.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    UFO likes this.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    It’s kicked in because it’s learnt the new power status.
    The stop start extra wear is so minor it doesn’t bother thinking about psa has had stop start for over a decade and I’ve seen no extra failures.
    With the park sensors who ever told you it needed a reset I assume the smash repairer is full of $&@& they are like airbags and abs units they self check on start up so you likely have a dodgy sensor anyone with a good general scan tool like a snapon verus etc will be able to help.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    I agree re the sensors. After repairs to our C5 a couple of years ago after it was rear ended, the sensors were reporting faulty. Went back to the local PB who did the job and he promptly sourced a new set of sensors and fitted them. No further problems occurred and they're still working today - which is handy as we use them every day we reverse into our drive.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

On the problem of local mechanics (non dealers) getting factory info (like in EU and USA) there was an article in the Age this week talking about it.
    Bottom line is that they have another look/inquire which sounds like p'frting about to delay making info accessible - a disgrace!
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    On the problem of local mechanics (non dealers) getting factory info (like in EU and USA) there was an article in the Age this week talking about it.
    Bottom line is that they have another look/inquire which sounds like p'frting about to delay making info accessible - a disgrace!
    You know thatís bs donít you psa offer a subscription based service to both brands most brands do itís just a beat up and before you say anything Iím in the trade.
    Most of the time itís the mechanics not bothering / being to tight.
    And really you can google almost anything now anyway.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Thanks for the info.
    I would agree that the park assist problem could be related to a faulty sensor but having researched how to identify that, I hear or feel no activity from the good sensors when park assist is engaged. Perhaps all the sensors shut down when a faulty one exists? Would I not hear any ticking or feel any buzzing from the good working parking sensors if that is the case?

They shut the system off if fault found

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    You know that’s bs don’t you psa offer a subscription based service to both brands most brands do it’s just a beat up and before you say anything I’m in the trade.
    Most of the time it’s the mechanics not bothering / being to tight.
    And really you can google almost anything now anyway.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Thanks! interesting! What is the subscription cost? If a workshop services a high number of makes than that could work out to quite a few $$$? If it's anything like VW want for a factory manual CD...
    Admittedly it is a few years ago when i wanted to buy one and it was about $1500.-
    Francis Bacon

It varies you can pay hour day month year but who cares what it cost itís the cost of doing business you do realise that dealers need to pay a subscription plus diag tool plus remote support plus all the promo fees etc.Auto data is like 2 grand a year for very basic info. Independent guys that donít pay for this stuff are just out there to change your oil and send you on your way.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Last edited by dmccurtayne; 16th February 2019 at 01:41 PM.

1000+ Posts

Ok, got the point. Might also explain why some small workshops show no interest in working on a make of car they seldom have in their shop.
    dmccurtayne likes this.
    Francis Bacon

Exactly

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Thread Information