• 3 Post By JoBo
  • 2 Post By Kim Luck
  • 4 Post By JBN
  • 1 Post By JBN

Thread: Good news!

1000+ Posts

Default Good news!

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/11/...ines-australia

But why wait to fine, disqualify from driving and destroy their phones right away

Advertisement
    UFO, cjl and Kim Luck like this.
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

JBN

I await the first photo of a car doing 300 kph whilst the driver was using his phone. Interesting to learn who they maybe phoning...God to make a reservation? John

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/11/...ines-australia

But why wait to fine, disqualify from driving and destroy their phones right away
    Bring it on. The trial was obviously necessary for the AI to get up to speed, a bit like OCR, but it shows how big the problem is. A cheap bluetooth connector for older cars that don't have bluetooth fitted solves all the problems and are much cheaper to buy with no installation than a big fine and 5 points, but people are either stupid or ignorant or, as the trial shows, both!
    WLB and UFO like this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

JBN

Why not just try concentrating on driving? Isn't your life and that of others worth it? Let the call go to voice mail and process it later. Many of us have spent longer driving without mobile phone distraction that with it. History shows that the great people were the thinkers, not the talkers (which may explain why women find it difficult to get into positions of power?). John
    JoBo, cjl, UFO and 1 others like this.

JB you are probably spot on. Some of us, however, can multi task and you may need to be reminded that our most excellent police orrocifers are able to talk on VHF handsets and drive at very high speeds all at the same time whilst awarding points for degree of difficulty, catch of the day etc. Anyone who listens to radio whilst they drive is multi tasking.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

JBN

I don't listen to a car radio. I stopped listening to radio years ago when I heard a siren which was part of an advertisement. I got into a real flap when I couldn't identify where it was.I do play CDs that I create from suitable driving music and I have a copy of Best of the Eagles as all their stuff has a good tempo for driving to. Note that I play CDs. They are very easy to replace whilst driving just working on feel. Most of the time at the end of a CD, I just eject and push it back in to replay it. Driving the 2CV I just listen to the engine. Sometimes I listen to the passenger, if I have one and they speak very loud.John
    UFO likes this.

Thread Information