Peugeot 207Gti
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Peugeot 207Gti

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 207Gti

Hi guys, after much reading online i have just bought A 2008 Peugeot 207gti. I have a lot of questions but for now i"me just introducing myself to the group and asking a few Car is immaculate, one owner with only one diagnosed problem. ESP module is faulty so no traction control which is not something i"me bothered about. Engine sings like a sowing machine with 147000 on the clock. Its been very well looked after by its previous owner, an old accountant with two other Pugs. Ime unsure of the engine type. I"me hoping its the 175HP job. How do i tell guys? Its completely stock, which i plan to change with only sensible mods. Maybe a stage 2 max. Any recommendations as to which would be the best option as far as brand of tuner? Ive had quite a list of previous cars including a few hot hatches. Ime no spring chicken,lol. I started with an LJ GTR UX1 a long time ago:/[1977].Wish i still had that! Ive only had the Pug for a few hours, is it normal for the speed limiter/cruise control to affect performance? It was set at 65Ks and seemed a bit sluggish till i turned it off. NOW it feels better Still way to slow for me though! Ohh, just saw another issue pop up on the display and i cant find out how to turn off economy mode anywhere in the manual? Enough for my first post i think. Cheers guys

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Hi Zac 50
    Glad you are happy with it
    You might be better to post in the Peugeot section of the forum because they will know more specifics. But if you post your VIN number someone will look up the factory site and tell you what exact engine was fitted new.
    Enjoy the forum and ask plenty of question too.
    Jaahn

Post a pic has it got twin exhaust tips,bucket seats etc esp could be alsorts of problems hopefully not the abs unit.....

1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue

1000+ Posts

Re. "economy mode" - should be same as any other modern Pug - it's gone into battery saving mode.

Starting the engine and running it for a while to put some charge into the battery will make this go away. It's annoying, but does reduce the chance of you accidentally draining the battery playing the radio, leaving lights on etc...

Re. the ESP - I have a 406 with ABS/ESP/Traction control. Some time last year my ESP warning light came on (and stayed on), and Traction Control was disabled.

Pulled out my trusty Peugeot Diagbox/Planet/PP2000/Lexia diagnostic system (Lexia-3 Lexia3 V48 PP2000 V25 with Diagbox V7.76 - not the genuine article of course, but a Chinese knock-off. Should be other people selling them on eBay). It connects to the car's OBD port. A generic scanner might be able to read fault codes, but won't assist you to resolve problems. You need a 32-bit Windows installation to run the software, and a USB port to plug the special cable into. Here's one of many threads on AF exploring the highs and lows of this enigmatic, frustrating, but essential piece of kit: Diagbox pp2000 driving me mad.

Turned out that my steering angle sensor needed calibration - these guys discuss it: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...ration-306617/.

Resolved by going to my nearest quiet piece of straight road. Drove straight ahead for 100 metres or so, then pulled up without letting steering wheel move. Hit 'Calibrate' (of the steering angle of course) and it's been fine ever since! I don't know what caused it, as I hadn't done any of the things that might be expected to upset it, such as getting a wheel alignment.

Cheers

Alec

Tadpole

Default Peugeot gti

Thanks for the reply guys Already had it on a 5000$ diagnostic kit. All fault codes are clear except the ESP, it turned out to be the small module that attaches to the ABS unit. ONLY problem it has is no traction control, which as i said, ime not worried about, i prefer it off anyway. I know it would cost a mint to buy the module unless i could find one at a wrecker, but that might be stuffed too. Its that pesky sensor they stupidly placed INSIDE the unit:/ The ABS itself is fine! No other problems at all. Brakes are awesome, the engine even on a cold start has NO rattles at all. NOTHING! Like a sewing machine No oil leaks anywhere, turbos fine.Very quiet! just the barely audible, pleasant growl of its engine when winding it out, [with the windows shut]. I would have thought there would be a button for economy mode. Spent hours with the manual, and online trying to find one, hah Its been sitting at the dealers a while and since driving it around, the economy mode warning has not showed again. It has the proper full wrap around buckets and the twin exhausts. Its a proper 2008 Gti! Excellent Blaupunkt sound system, which i still have not worked out how to set up bass, treble etc:/ It does not seem to me to be 175HP, but its not a light hatch and ime used to much faster cars like my last, a 2008 EVO 10! That was a beast,lol Too big and too heavy on juice though:/ I dont think i can leave the Pug at the power level it has though. I timed it and it does reach 100Ks in about 7 seconds. I"me used to 5s HEAPS of torque for a 1600 as it should have from specs. really needs a six speed, or a diff ratio change. Too low geared! First gear is mostly not needed. The steering is A1!! Tracks dead straight hands off and the power assist is perfect. The suspension has NO rattles at all, a bit of a hard ride at low speed, but ime used to that from the EVO. This car is like new inside. No wear on the seats at all, the door sill scuff plates are unmarked, and everything else inside is like new. The previous owner loved his Pugs and looked after them very well! Outside its Agean blue with no dings or stone chips, its never been on gravel. Ex owner lives not far away and my dads talked to him. I have to visit and collect the second key sometime! Just a few small marks in the paint with the white showing where its had a couple of doors opened on it in a car park no doubt. Truly a bargain at $5200! Overall ime super happy with it, handling is unreal for a front wheel drive, Power will have to be lifted till i get low sixes to 100Ks. That will do. Ime not bothered with top speed much, i like my license I will post pics after i wash and polish it Thanks Jaahn, Alec and Armidillo..Shane...Ohh, i will move to the 207gti forum, still learning my way about Ahh, one question, anyone know how much ime looking at to have it modded to get it down to low 6es to 100KPH??
    Last edited by zac50; 9th January 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Zac,

Welcome to

There was only ever one engine fitted to the 207 GTi - the 127kW motor, referred to in Europe as the THP175 (5FY in the VIN).

The bass, treble, balance, etc. controls on the stereo is via the button with a music note.

Congratulations on the purchase.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Donít forget thou the car will be insured with esp and knowingly having it inoperable may leave you open to dispute unlikely but possible

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Thread Information