Only in the USA (I hope) Tesla bullying claimed ?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jaahn
  • 2 Post By Kenfuego
  • 2 Post By REN TIN TIN
  • 1 Post By 59 Floride

Thread: Only in the USA (I hope) Tesla bullying claimed ?

1000+ Posts

Icon13 Only in the USA (I hope) Tesla bullying claimed ?

Haven't heard any reports of intimidation or interference with Tesla owners in enjoying driving their cars, maybe light hearted stuff only as Australians like to indulge in, This report claims Tesla car owners are being actively targeted to prevent them accessing public charging points by Internal Combustion Engine drivers parking their cars to restrict access, and then there is something called coal rolling to intimidate.

Advertisement

I don't think that will catch on here as most drivers I know just wish they had the lazy dollars to invest in reliable electric vehicles and get away from using conventional fuels that are seemingly a source of price gouging by the oil industry and supply subject to Cartel price collusion overseas. But I can see how having those advantages and bragging rights might "spark" some backlash from other drivers who indirectly pay for our extensive road system by way of multiple taxes on fuel and registration and of course SIN taxing if governments were stupid enough to introduce them to further penalise Internal combustion engine drivers.

We do as a general rule lag about 4 years behind certain trends that appear first in the USA (crime, drug trends etc) though that period might be lessening with popular anti social media activism via the internet.

https://qz.com/1506901/trucks-are-ic...ging-stations/

Years back it is said that wharfies used to attack imported cars, gouging windscreens and scarring paintwork of expensive imported cars sort of to level the playing field, for local products. But then we had a sort of "local" auto industry then, but not now.

Not to mention the era of French nuclear testing that saw some French cars targeted by malicious elements..

One "envy" trend we can do without.

I'd hate to think of things that could be easily done to charging units to render them useless in this technological age.

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

HI,
    From what I've read the story is just fake news, and the photo shown in the article is staged.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    I was looking at the NRMA story on electric car charging points they are putting in currently.
    Parking Spaces:There will also be parking spaces dedicated to electric vehicles. The spaces will be reverse or nose in only to allow different connector types and with no parallel parking.
    All signage for these spaces will read: “No Parking, with exception of electric vehicles while charging.”
    These signs are official RMS signage and therefore can be lawfully enforced with fines from the local council.
    Jaahn
    Kenfuego likes this.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    I was looking at the NRMA story on electric car charging points they are putting in currently.
    [FONT="]Parking Spaces:[/FONT][FONT="]There will also be parking spaces dedicated to electric vehicles. The spaces will be reverse or nose in only to allow different connector types and with no parallel parking.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]All signage for these spaces will read: “No Parking, with exception of electric vehicles while charging.”[/FONT]
    These signs are official RMS signage and therefore can be lawfully enforced with fines from the local council.
    Jaahn
    Jaahn

that sounds like a commonsense approach and I doubt If anyone will have a problem here anyway.

In the USA some parking spaces were reserved for environmentally correct GREEN vehicles in prime spots apparently in the thought that this would encourage (incentivize) people to move to electric vehicles, but the signage apparently merely said "For GREEN vehicles Only" so owners of green coloured vehicles happily parked in them.

Better to have legal signage on any charging spaces, no confusion..

Ken
    jaahn and JohnW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Jaahn

that sounds like a commonsense approach and I doubt If anyone will have a problem here anyway.

In the USA some parking spaces were reserved for environmentally correct GREEN vehicles in prime spots apparently in the thought that this would encourage (incentivize) people to move to electric vehicles, but the signage apparently merely said "For GREEN vehicles Only" so owners of green coloured vehicles happily parked in them.

Better to have legal signage on any charging spaces, no confusion..

Ken

Good idea but there will be some that will ignore the signs.
    Just like they ignore the no standing, disabled, emergency vehicle, loading zone, etc. signs.
    The few that will get fined will complain it's revenue raising.
    Kenfuego and jaahn like this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

Coal rolling is very popular with the less intellectually endowed in the US. Their preferred targets also include Prius drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

Read the comments for a depressing insight into the mentality involved....

Last edited by Haakon; 4th January 2019 at 10:03 AM.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

1000+ Posts

Words fail
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

1000+ Posts

Dumb and dumber approach sadly

1000+ Posts

Hi
    Thanks for that insite into the thinking of Yanks that voted for Trump ! I wondered who they were ?????????????????????????????????
    Why you would modify your sh*t pickup to do that astonishes me
    Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for that insite into the thinking of Yanks that voted for Trump ! I wondered who they were ?????????????????????????????????
    Why you would modify your sh*t pickup to do that astonishes me
    Jaahn
    They're Americans...say no more...

I found this "wonderful" thread on the US Focus RS forum....there's no hope for any gun reform soon in the USA...sad...
    https://www.focusrs.org/forum/13-off...eep-yours.html
    1969 Alpine A110

Well how naïve am I..?

Recently I have seen quite a few young hoon types in big 4x4s blowing excess smoke, though nothing near as bad as the video above. In my naivety I assumed poor maintenance but never did I think it was a trend to be deliberately blowing smoke in traffic. shock horror.

UFO

I am sadly sure that there are certain areas of our major cities where deliberately inconveniencing e-vehicle drivers will be seen as a sport.

Will the day come when e-vehicle drivers gather to block entrances to fuel stops on major highways? That would be justice perhaps?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Not just in Australia and perhaps phase of life rather than...political frames...

Quote Originally Posted by nauli View Post
    They're Americans...say no more...

I found this "wonderful" thread on the US Focus RS forum....there's no hope for any gun reform soon in the USA...sad...
    https://www.focusrs.org/forum/13-off...eep-yours.html
    After seeing the news reports of the Summer Nats, making smoke and burning rubber and hooning is well entrenched in Australia, I guess that some would loosely describe them as Bogans... whatever that is and of course some of the ute events combined with Beer, Bachelor & hunting displays, suggest we have quite a broad spectrum of similar minded people that probably don't vote Green anything, let alone buy electric vehicles in their hell raising youth.

I tend to just observe these "differences" in the cross section of the community as yesterdays hoon is often a moralising do-gooder in later life. You only discover that fact in hearing their recollections. Marriage and a good paying jobs certainly tames some red necks into Law abiding conservatives even green environmentalists Tradies being well paid these days make that transition too, "if you believe their unguarded stories "

Just phases in interesting perhaps bored lives... I remember my own survival days only too well, sometimes any experiences help understanding

Ken

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    I am sadly sure that there are certain areas of our major cities where deliberately inconveniencing e-vehicle drivers will be seen as a sport.

Will the day come when e-vehicle drivers gather to block entrances to fuel stops on major highways? That would be justice perhaps?
    I imagine an incendiary device would do the trick. Perhaps that accounts for the oil tanker fire near Figtree today?

Generally the best way to thwart non-disabled vehicles parked in Disabled Parking areas is to remove all the wheel nuts from the offending vehicle thus qualifying the vehicle for the spot. Less cruel than breaking the driver's legs.

John

Tadpole

Remember when people were flipping Smart cars in Europe? This is the same thing. It'll blow over and go away. Don't get me wrong, I think the people who do this are mentally ill.

WLB

There'll be no need for recharging points once the new Mercedes AA Class arrives on our shores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEjTwsfqHOY

Thread Information