• 1 Post By rmac
  • 1 Post By JBN

Thread: Yellow and black CX anyone

Default Yellow and black CX anyone

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/high...ent=61714_9299

looks nice

Advertisement
    dino likes this.

Yep. Saw it earlier today. Does look nice but WA is soooooo far to organise something like this. Would a later model 5 speed box swap in OK.? Are they Alfa Romeo mags on there.? Not genuine Citroen wheels as far as I know..
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current -
    1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

JBN

Since the transmission is classified as "automatic", it would be a C-matic if it were original 1977. Putting in a 5 speed manual requires a clutch mechanism and pedal. Manual RHD CX's have too many pedals for the foot space. I had a 1978 C-matic and test drove a 1980 manual GTi. I found the floor space far too crowded. The C-matic and later CX25IE automatic I had in the UK were far less crowded for the feet. The Cmatic was better for hooning but they had their problems. The CX25IE automatic was the best fit for a long luxury sedan. Fuel injected engine (better design than the 2400) and a good gearbox. A real luxury grand tourer.

If you want a sports car, go for a GS.

John

This appears to be the car taken to Stanthorpe in 2011 for Citin. Bob rebuilt the car and three WA CXs started to travel back to the west. At first we visited Lightning Ridge before going on to Orange where Zykra took his restored diesel CX (also rebuilt from Laurens Borgs vandalised CX by Bob) on to Melbourne for a car day, Bob went on to Adelaide to see family and I drove my recent purchase from Donat (CX Familiale - now with Wayne in Geraldton) on to Denmark.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

It says it is a 4 speed manual in the text but the Gumtree car data base probably thinks the CX 2400 Pallas only came in Auto / C-Matic so that is what shows in the heading. Being a Weber carby motor is a minor drawback vs EFI on later models.

Were the concertina vinyl sun roofs an option back then or is this an aftermarket addition by someone.? Potential leaks.? I'm not a fan of sun roofs but I guess you pays your money and takes your chances.. So that would be Bob Senn you are talking about who would have done this restoration R Mac.?

I am quite tempted by this one but how on earth does one get a CX from Perth to NSW without driving it all the way.? What does it cost to put a car on the train across the Nullabor and is it safe/risky.? Would I be best to fly over and drive it back.? It has the dual front & rear air-con but it would need to be in good nick to do the trip at this time of year. So would the car I guess and so too would I.! Decisions. Decisions....
    Last edited by CXVingtCinq; 19th December 2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current -
    1976 16TS

It was Bob Senn's and it sounds from the blurb that he still maintains it. If you want an honest assessment give Bob a call or send him a message. He used to frequent aussiefrogs but not sure how regularly now.

As for the drive east - just time your trip to coincide with a cool stretch and you follow it across.
    CXVingtCinq likes this.
    Current Cars
    Australia's 2016 C5 2.0HDi Last
    2011 C5 2.0HDi Comfort
    1973 Citroen D Super 5,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400 Pallas C-matic,
    1981 Citroen CX 2400ie Super Familiale C-matic - Raid Arctique 2014
    1991 Mazda E2200
    1924 Citroen 'la petit citron'

JBN

On my CX C-matic, I had the manifolds and carbys used by the CX rally cars - twin Weber DCNF 45 dual throats. It transformed the cars performance. I would love to know what happened to the wreck. It had dual air con, those Webers, Luminition ignition and real nice camel coloured suede upholstery, done by me, plus TRX rims/tyres. Fortunately the insurance paid out $9,500 for a car that cost me $7,500 nine years earlier.

John
    CXVingtCinq likes this.

I'm too late. It is now sold. C'est la vie.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current -
    1976 16TS

Thread Information