Cyber Monday at Repco, enjoy 25% off Site-wide
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WLB

Thread: Cyber Monday at Repco, enjoy 25% off Site-wide

1000+ Posts

Default Cyber Monday at Repco, enjoy 25% off Site-wide

Hey for those who love a bargain or just want to spend, spend, spend on oil and grease
    Cyber Monday at Repco, enjoy 25% off Site-wide. Whatever that means.
    Jaahn

Advertisement

WLB

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    .... Cyber Monday at Repco, .... Whatever that means.
    Jaahn
    Highly preferable to the moronic, meaningless and sycophantic creeping introduction of Black Friday sales in Australia. Some insensitive retailers are even following this with Black Saturday sales. Apart from the 10th anniversary of Black Saturday coming this January, when over 170 people died in Victorian and we and our neighbours almost lost our homes, over 70 lost their lives on Black Friday in 1939.

We've already adopted Halloween, so what's next? Thanksgiving?
    Why not move the Australia Day holiday to the 4th of July. Sorry, sorry. July 4.

1000+ Posts

A long process. We adopted the US shopkeepers' version of Mothers' Day years ago. My mother used to insist it was in mid-Lent, without heaps of shop-bought presents, not in May. Then they invented Father's Day, for more spending.

WLB

Yes, my recollection from when I was a kid is that we originally had Mothering Sunday in March, which was a church occasion, then it was later replaced by Mothers' Day as we now know it, on a different date. For the last few years I've noticed businesses wishing us "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas. We now have roast turkey at Christmas, instead of wombat.
    Last edited by WLB; 27th November 2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Neglected to add smiley face.

1000+ Posts

I don't recall ever eating a wombat. My oldies had served up brush turkey, which I am told was gamey and tough and not worth the bother. The ones in my garden are safe from me.

1000+ Posts

Goose is a traditional Australian Christmas dish. Free range and hormone free of course. Take a long time to pluck but worth it.

Dad doesn't remember her actually serving it, but Granny was from Gippsland and known to have eaten wombat.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

WLB

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    I don't recall ever eating a wombat. My oldies had served up brush turkey, which I am told was gamey and tough and not worth the bother. The ones in my garden are safe from me.
    Same recipe as for cockatoo. Place in a pot of boiling water along with several small rocks. Boil until the rocks are tender, then eat the rocks.
    27of85 likes this.

Thread Information