Rather dramatic news for Renault (& Nissan)
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By jo proffi
  • 3 Post By COL
  • 1 Post By CXVingtCinq
  • 3 Post By Kim Luck
  • 1 Post By JoBo
  • 2 Post By Kim Luck
  • 1 Post By REN TIN TIN
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen

Thread: Rather dramatic news for Renault (& Nissan)

1000+ Posts

Default Rather dramatic news for Renault (& Nissan)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/b...isconduct.html

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

wow, How can such a clever guy be so stupid??
    jaahn likes this.

COL

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    Maybe greed
    CXVingtCinq, JoBo and jaahn like this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Amazing isn't it. Some of these CEO guys seem to live in such a "gilded cage" that they don't seem to have any concept of the law as it applies to them vs as it applies to us plebs. The attitude seems to be "we can and will do whatever is necessary or whatever we think we can get away with."

Not a good look for the board of Nissan/Renault, especially as they reportedly ignored the shareholder vote against Ghosn's pay package at he 2016 AGM. I wonder how on earth Ghosn thought he could get away with under-declaring salary/income when it is a matter of public record in the company accounts.?
    jaahn likes this.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current -
    1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

The Japanese way of doing business in general is corrupt. The pot calling the kettle black, it would seem. Ghosn was hated for destroying decades old cosy, previously unchallenged relationships between suppliers and manufacturers, and in so doing coincidentally bringing the Nissan company back from the brink. No-one in Japan really likes high flying western executives telling them what to do so regardless of any alleged wrongdoing, the knives have been out for Ghosn and Kelly for a long time. Ghosn controlled the largest group of car manufacturers in the world, he should have been well paid.
    Last edited by Kim Luck; 20th November 2018 at 10:29 AM.
    jaahn, CXVingtCinq and bluey504 like this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Kim, that makes his alleged actions/greed even more stupid. Suppose IQ is relevant to areas of what one has learned from life experience an that makes him an effective CEO. Obviously he missed out on a moral IQ development - like so many other CEOs as currently witnessed in Australia.
    bluey504 likes this.
    "We prefer to believe what we prefer to be true"
    Francis Bacon

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Early days. Allegations at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JoBo View Post
    Kim, that makes his alleged actions/greed even more stupid. Suppose IQ is relevant to areas of what one has learned from life experience an that makes him an effective CEO. Obviously he missed out on a moral IQ development - like so many other CEOs as currently witnessed in Australia.
    I can't at the moment believe that the charges are wholly true. Some here are always ready to jump on the sensationalist bandwagon, and constantly do so, but I'd suspect that the information fed to the press was done so quite deliberately to produce the reaction we've seen from some here already, i.e: guilty until he proves his innocence. This operation smacks of some kind of show trial and mainly for some of the reasons I elucidated earlier.
    CXVingtCinq and Armidillo like this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

He gets seven million Euro from Renault, why would he need to get anything from Nissan (or Mitsubishi). Isn't seven million per year enough for any man? I'm not saying he's not worth it, just why he need to get more and then under declare the earning to what, save a few bucks in tax. Doesn't make sense.

I bet he doesn't even know how much he get paid by Nissan, his accountant might know.
    He'd know what's in his contract but he doesn't seem to be the type of person who waits and watches for his salary to be transferred into his bank account every month so he can pay the mortgage and house insurance, etc.

Anyway, innocent until proven guilty. Let's wait and see.
    CXVingtCinq likes this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

News today. retains his job with Renault

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...9cf7efdbefe559

and then there is a suggestion from the BBC that the whole thing is a set-up as Kim Luck mentioned earlier I wonder where the truth lies, pun??? Update Can't find the link to that, I think the BBC is after his blood by their other reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46295681 perhaps this is it.

Ken
    Last edited by Kenfuego; 22nd November 2018 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Insert BBC news link

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I always say judge a man after he's dead. In this case I would say the preliminary hypothesis is that perhaps he wasn't that clever after all (americans would probably say he was too clever for his own good).

Quote Originally Posted by CXVingtCinq View Post
    Amazing isn't it. Some of these CEO guys seem to live in such a "gilded cage" that they don't seem to have any concept of the law as it applies to them vs as it applies to us plebs. The attitude seems to be "we can and will do whatever is necessary or whatever we think we can get away with."

[...]
    Name one executive in Australia who felt the law all of us obey and remember some of our executives have stolen money from dead people. And I dare say for every one you find there are ten nobody will ever touch.
    jaahn likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    The Japanese way of doing business in general is corrupt.

[...]
    Yeah, but just like the corrupt aussie way of doing business, that is what is accepted. Dirty foreigners better observe the law (mind you, we are quite tolerant when it comes to corruption, just as long as they are not more corrupt than we).
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

At least the new Alpine is in Australia, gotta be thankful

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry lads, i'm afraid Ghosn is ghon!
    Last edited by Breitie; 26th November 2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Sorry lads, i'm afraid Ghosn is gohn!
    And the story is where?

1000+ Posts

Old news but thank you! I was expecting to be told Ghosn was sacked by Renault as well as Nissan.

1000+ Posts

Slightly later, but no sacking..yet.

https://translate.google.com/transla...85&prev=search

Thread Information