They might as well call you stupid !!
  • Register
  • Help
    XTC

Default They might as well call you stupid !!

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...917653946.html

Advertisement

"Mr Brumby said the Government would not apologise for collecting an estimated $351 million from police fines next financial year - up by $117 million. "It's been a key part of our road safety strategy," he said."
    Road Safety WHATEVER . Try revenue raising, has a 30% increase in fines actually caused even a small decrease in accidents/deaths/injury ? He must think everyone there is a Thicktorian !!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Try revenue raising, has a 30% increase in fines actually caused even a small decrease in accidents/deaths/injury ?
    Would you expect any treasurer to say anything else

More seriously, he is fortunate that the road toll overall (especially the urban figures) did decrease last year to one of its best levels in more recent times (as opposed to it having risen since the blitz).

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Icon10

appalling....

Thicktorians should keep this quote from Robert Clark... you can bet that if he ever gets into the Treasurer's chair he will be doing exactly the same thing he's accusing the present Treasurer of doing now!

As usual, it's the same old lies, the same old tax gathering, the same old issue of slating the greater responsibility for paying the bills to the same people who use certain roads more than others...

Well at least you know why they're Politicians; too bloody stupid to do anything else.
    Recently, a couple of days ago in fact, they had a massive gridlock on the Ipswich Motorway. A local Pollie noted for slapping mouth into gear without first engaging brain proudly pronounces on the 6 o'clock news that "an 80 KPH limit needs to be imposed on here as a matter of urgency."

To quote a truckie stuck in the jam; "I pass through here every day. Nothing would make me happier than to be able to do 80"
    I know from my association with Travelsafe. Their feeble little minds won't allow them to see beyond the speed brainwashing. The bad news is, that after spending over 12 minths getting one bunch educated, we have an election & it's now full of new faces, so I'm back to the bloody drawing board again.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

The traffic jam on the Ipswich Motorway is always the same old thing...

Queenslanders don't know how to merge!

It's the same at the junction of the Gateway and the Bruce... they've put in two extra lanes for the next 3kms... now the jam is 3kms further north. So they're working on the next 8kms.

Pretty soon they'll get the jam to Gympie...

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    The traffic jam on the Ipswich Motorway is always the same old thing...

Queenslanders don't know how to merge!...
    A didn't we notice that driving to Maleny last year. I really don't understand how those poor bloody queenslanders get on & off the highways without killing themselves (and all the other poor [email protected] around 'em).

Driving ability may have plumeted in Victoria since this bloody speed camera fiasco (at least it appears to me it has --You can do anything on the roads here, you could drive to 6months and not see a police car on the roads... Then again 53km/h down hill is FAR MORE DANGEROUS than obeying any road rules ). Victorians still know how to Merge though

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    A didn't we notice that driving to Maleny last year. I really don't understand how those poor bloody queenslanders get on & off the highways without killing themselves (and all the other poor [email protected] around 'em).

Driving ability may have plumeted in Victoria since this bloody speed camera fiasco (at least it appears to me it has --You can do anything on the roads here, you could drive to 6months and not see a police car on the roads... Then again 53km/h down hill is FAR MORE DANGEROUS than obeying any road rules ). Victorians still know how to Merge though

seeya,
    Shane L.
    There's about 1000 Victorians a month moving up here; that might explain it.

BTW, if you want 'em back...just ask.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I always understood that any Victorian that moves to Queensland automatically raises the average IQ of both places.

(Then again, I've always been convinced that half of the Victorian population is above average intelligence, whereas in Sydney, half are below ...).
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

nJm

Last night I was with a friend in his 505 GTi on a pointless drive out to Avalon Airport at 1am just to see what it was like (don't ask why). Anyway, on our way home we decided to drive through Little River - the asshole of the world. Anyway, the smell from the 'treatment plants' was going to make us sick so we found a quiet little road that was perfectly straight so decided to speed up a little. Anyway, we were cruising at about 100, when we notice a car with its highbeams on coming up behind us. We joked it was probably some dumb local. The car continued to close in on us, and then just swerved around us, rather than indicating and lane changing to overtake. Low and behold, it was a Police car! He would have to have been doing 130 on an 80km/h road, and blinding us with his headlights.

Seeing as speed kills and all, that police man and the two of us shouldn't be here by now. It seems this particular copper knows a thing or two
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

'Decided to speed up to 100'?

That's not even a decision, it's something that just happens without thought!

Did they pull you up?

Thread Information