• Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By dmccurtayne

Thread: Peugeot 508 Allure 2012

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 508 Allure 2012

Bonjour all
    my 6 year old peugeot 508 has just started playing up: when stopped in traffic or at red light, it kicks forward when i start driving again. It happens mostly if the temperature gauge reaches 90. I release the brake and the car bolts! There are no problems whilst driving, it only happens on stop and start. My auto transmission mechanic put the car through his workshop computers that did not detect any major fault, but he does not have the Peugeot software.
    Is there any one who had same problem or could give me a clue on the fault? Also can anyone recommend a reliable Peugeot mechanic in Sydney, not too expensive...please?
    Thank you so much, Marie

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Sydney is a big place. Where are you located?

Tadpole

Bankstown area but i do not mind travelling

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

1000+ Posts

Three come to mind -
    Colliers, Granville - https://www.colliersauto.com.au/ - long standing independent Peugeot mechanic;
    Revivemylion - comes to you - http://revivemylion.com/Contact-Us.php
    Continental Cars - Roselands - https://www.citroencentre.com.au/

The last was a very long term Citroen dealer, but no longer sells them new after Inchcape took over importing. Your 508 is very close mechanically to a Citroen C5. The workshop would know it's insides well.
    jaahn likes this.

Default Peugeot 508 Allure 2012

You should be taking it back to the dealer being 6 years old and if you have looked after it you may get the transmission replace for free or may only need to pay labour have a look back at some previous threads where this has happened I know they love to shit on the dealers here but peugeot and cit a really good at out of warranty repairs if it is .a. Common issue or .b. Not reasonable to see something fail that quickly but as normal please return once fixed and tell AF you experience to many just run off and others donít benefit from your situation also whatís the mileage of the car ??

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    GreenBlood likes this.

AM6 Fluid AM6 Fluid

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Tadpole

Good morning and thank you for your feedback, Seasink and Dmccurtayne.
    I had bought the car second hand 2 1/2 years ago, it was always serviced and well maintained, it has 135000kms now, no other problem. I love that car.
    We will ask Continental in Roselands as we had bought a great C5 from them years ago.
    I looked at the old thread about the fluid, thank you for pointing it out, Dmc.
    I will write back as to the end result about the jerk problem on my 508, as it could help other car owners, like i myself am thankful to have found this forum.
    A bientot et merci,
    Marie

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Thread Information