Scam warning - emanualonline.com
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Scam warning - emanualonline.com

Don't be tempted to buy a car manual for www.emanualonline.com. In short, the only part of the process that worked was their charging my credit card.

What didn't work? Well, over a six-month interaction with this site, the summary is:

Advertisement

- The delivery process didn't work. The full, complete workshop manual (for my Peugeot, as it happened) I ordered was actually only 5 pages from the index of some manual.

- The customer query process didn't work. When I queried the delivery they came back and said they weren't able to find or deliver the full manual...

- The 'help line' didn't work. They offered another version, which we could not get to download correctly - after frequent attempts and sessions with their 'help line'.

- The 'returns and refunds' process didn't work. I have emailed them multiple times and they just do not respond. I have left messages on their website but they do not respond.

- The customer communications process didn't work. The only communication I have had from them comprises two emails saying my 'case' was closed!

Beware! Stay away from www.emanualonline.com!
    Current: 2013 Citroen DS4, 2000 Xantia 2.0L
    Past: BX (x 2!), 504 Wagon,
    2008 307CC 2.0L Auto

1000+ Posts

Car manuals are frequently sought online, and the copyright cops are very active taking the real thing down.

The numerous sites that claim to get one for a fee seem to mostly deliver tears.

Perhaps you may have better success with Pitstop? That is if they have the manual you are after.

https://www.pitstop.net.au/browse/pr...ok&ipClass=peu
    cheers,

John

Hello, did you manage to get a refund from your credit card?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    personally I have bought a number of car manuals on DVD or download from Ebay sellers.
    All bar one have been OEM manuals, and quite cheap indeed.

Regards,
    Andy

Fellow Frogger!

Have had excellent service from Pitstop in Perth, mainly the excellent Haynes manuals, but not for free.
    Recently searched for a motorcycle manual and discovered "manualslib.com", short for 'manuals library' which is free and has a vast library of manuals, from which I downloaded what I was searching for, in PDF format, without a hitch.
    Sometimes these 'free' sites plant a bug on your computer that comes back to bite you. Has happened to me and was traumatic. Since then I have my vigilant friend "Bitdefender" looking out for me and alerting me of anything malicious that wants to sneak in.

Thread Information