If your old frog needs a drive in the country...
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By geedee

Thread: If your old frog needs a drive in the country...

1000+ Posts

Default If your old frog needs a drive in the country...

If your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4081%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4086%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4099%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4115%5B1%5D.jpg

If your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4095%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4088%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4111%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4109%5B1%5D.jpg
    If your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4101%5B1%5D.jpgIf your old frog needs a drive in the country...-img_4084%5B1%5D.jpg

A place called Coalseam, about 90mins out of Geraldton - it takes a lot longer because you are constantly stopping. Then on to Mullewa to see the wreath flowers.

Not a huge fan of gardening but this had all been done for us...

Advertisement

Of course all the shrubs and trees were in full flower on the road verges and the cannola crops in flower too. Its red dirt country for most of the year but with a little H20 the place goes wild.

There are places where the colours just go on and on, I've never seen it like this before.

If the Blue Room aint full we'd be happy to accommodate travellers (for a bottle of modest wine or its equivalent... I might impose on those planning the trip from Perth a requirement that they transport a few odds and ends from Geckoeng).

P
    Daily Drivers: R10, R12, R17T(?) Decouvrable

In the Shed(s):
    R8 (1.4 motor, 4 shock rear end), Dauphine, Pugeot 404

In the Past:
    Dauphine X2, R10 X lots, R12 X2, R16TS, R17TS

Fellow Frogger!

On our way next week, will be touring around Gerry with the family and will keep an eye out for a 17.
    Shoji and Exfrogger like this.

Very nice pictures Peter. We are lucky in the Wild West this time of the year.
    We would've loved to come up with parts in tow but my orange frog is now off the road for some work, which I will be busy with for the next few months.
    But I have in my possession two sump protection pans. One will go back on my frog and the other is for your frog.
    I presume GekoEng still has those valves from one of my 807 heads that I said will also go to you. (or do you have them already, I can't remember?)
    Enjoy the blooms
    “Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.” Cheers. John

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shoji View Post
    Very nice pictures Peter. We are lucky in the Wild West this time of the year.
    We would've loved to come up with parts in tow but my orange frog is now off the road for some work, which I will be busy with for the next few months.
    But I have in my possession two sump protection pans. One will go back on my frog and the other is for your frog.
    I presume GekoEng still has those valves from one of my 807 heads that I said will also go to you. (or do you have them already, I can't remember?)
    Enjoy the blooms

Here's the thing, you can do it in any car!!!

'Twould be great inspiration for the odd panel, maybe?

Thanks for tracking down that sump guard for me, and the offer of the valves. I managed to source some new ones and some other odds and ends from Der Franzose for not unreasonable $$$.

The head is back on the motor but right now the motor, gearbox and body are in different parts of the shed.

If you're dropping by Uncle Ray's shop in the not too distant future - and if he dont mind - you might like to drop said bit there and I, or one of the similarly afflicted can collect it when next we breeze thru the Big Smoke.

P

In the Shed(s):

In the Past:

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geedee View Post
    On our way next week, will be touring around Gerry with the family and will keep an eye out for a 17.

You would need a keen eye. See above.

Enjoy the tour.

P

In the Shed(s):

In the Past:

Thread Information