Time for a new car ... - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Time for a new car ...

We just hit the 50 consecutive used car yards!

Advertisement
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

virtually all of them will be more reliable than anything French
    Not my experience. French cars aren't more expensive to maintain than Japanese, Holden and local Ford particularly if you source parts from independents.

The Holden/Ford/Toyota argument only holds if you need familiarity from outback mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by neil s View Post
    Don't completely discount Commodores. I n country driving you will get way under 10 l/100km. They aren't really all that big. Reliable and parts everywhere. Also don't discount Camry/ Aurion. Heaps of them around, go forever and cheap to maintain and service. Just don't go for one of the lower spec ones - go for the upmarket ones to get all of the safety gear, luxuries etc.The problem with a $10 k budget is that there is just so much choice and virtually all of them will be more reliable than anything French. Happy hunting!
    I don't know where you get your reliability figures from but my last two French cars bought new have between them lasted 19 years, both without any kind of problems. They don't bring much as a trade-in and they don't cost much second hand, but as a "new" purchase for someone on a budget I reckon they are right up there!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information