For the keen eyes...and what lurks in the showroom ;-) ? - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: For the keen eyes...and what lurks in the showroom ;-) ?

Quote Originally Posted by WLB View Post
    Lonsdale St. between the creek and Frankston Rd.
    Local? Where did you live, Kim?
    I worked at the International Harvester truck plant on Princes Hwy from 1967. Bill Lord-Milne's Monaco Autos was originally in Plunkett Rd, and moved closer to Lonsdale St later on. I lived in North Ringwood until 1969, then Dandenong and Noble Park.

Advertisement
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

WLB

Small world. I was born in Dandenong and lived in Picket St until I was 1 or 2, then we moved to the house Dad was building in King St, near Clement St. I went to Dande State School and then Dande High. During my school holidays (matric year and RMIT) I worked at Preston Motors (Market Motors) across the highway from International, driving one of the spare parts delivery vans. Poor old Dandenong. It was a prosperous market town in those days, at the very outer end of the suburban railway line. My wife and in-laws are from Panfield Ave. in Ringwood. Almost Nth. Ringwood. I didn't know Bill Lord-Milne, but I knew Derrick and Richie quite well.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information