Here We Go Again - Bad Gateway
  • Register
  • Help

Default Here We Go Again - Bad Gateway

Is it just me? For the past 24 hours I have been continually getting this message. I'd suggest 2 out 3 hits to AF.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here We Go Again - Bad Gateway-screen-shot-2018-07-12-3.18.24-pm.jpg  

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Me too.

I don't bother posting about it anymore.

It just situation normal for the AF site. The hosting ISP isn't providing enough bandwidth to service all connected users.
    Departed the Aussie Frogs Community 14 September 2018.

The moderator/leader should not operate for the sole benefit of himself and his kind but for the benefit of the people at large and of the AF Fraternity and its patterns, as becomes what he perceives as fitting into place, into his sense of natural justice.
    with apologies to Judy Grahn

1000+ Posts

I have had less problems since switching to Firefox - was using Chrome and it became unuseable. Of course that could be something in my profile, but have rarely had a problem with Firefox (except ironically on first attempt to open this thread ).

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

It isn't your browser, so Firefox or any other browser will make no difference. This is a problem between the AF host server, and the intervening Cloudflare machine, probably related to the well known restrictions on the host.

I connect to the host directly, and so cannot get this particular one. That doesn't mean I'm not affected by the usual restricted host server bandwidth.

been getting these errors multiple times a day for last 3-4 days now

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    It isn't your browser, so Firefox or any other browser will make no difference. This is a problem between the AF host server, and the intervening Cloudflare machine, probably related to the well known restrictions on the host.

I know it's not logical, and I don't have an explanation, but I've just done some more tests - Error 502 Bad Gateway occurs at least 50% of the time with Chrome, hardly ever with Firefox.

So Vlad, be adventurous - try a different browser and report back with your experience.

Cheers

Alec

The problem, bad gateway or resource limit is browser independent.

Any correlation to a particular browser, operating system or PC hardware is purely coincidental.

The problem is 100% related to the AF server bandwidth allowance when connecting to the WWW.

The moderator/leader should not operate for the sole benefit of himself and his kind but for the benefit of the people at large and of the AF Fraternity and its patterns, as becomes what he perceives as fitting into place, into his sense of natural justice.

I use Firefox. It has absolutely nothing to do with it. Purely co-incidental.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

And it's happening today 13:50 - 14: 25 It is almost Karma that it took three tries to successfully post this message.
    Last edited by robmac; 17th July 2018 at 02:34 PM.

1000+ Posts

Look on the bright side - Cloudflare is being screwed before you are.

Nothing to do with browsers or operating systems or French voitures.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Look on the bright side - Cloudflare is being screwed before you are.

Nothing to do with browsers or operating systems or French voitures.
    Whatever you think is a fair thing.

To me, these constant errors are no more than an inconvenience. (and a reason to browse another site)

Thread Information