The Diesel fuel question... - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Diesel fuel question...

1000+ Posts

Icon11 Unholy temptation...and no rug warmer....

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Ken, Aldi have a line of electric rugs at the moment. Mine was my best investment in years - I can't pick stocks - but I can keep warm all day and it is only 100W. No need to pull out the radiator.
    Had a look today, our Aldi hasn't got any on sale, must have missed them, but damn they had a MAP gas torch and tank deal for $49.99, won't keep me warm by the computer, but will save on using the oxy acetylene for small high heat jobs in and around the workshop.

My wife is not your friend Seasink for putting temptation in my way, now how to keep the workshop warm while using it!

For those who have been buying up the 20V battery electric tool "skins", I see that Aldi are discounting the battery powered chain saw sharpeners at $19.99 down from $39 + and excellent at that discounted price for anyone that already has the 20 volt batteries and chargers and may need to sharpen a chain saw away from mains power and a full five year warranty too as on all their 20Volt battery stuff!..

But thanks anyway mate!

Advertisement

Ken

And electric rugs, 20volt batteries and chain-saw sharpeners have some relevance to diesel fuel?
    jaahn likes this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    There is a useful app called “MotorMouth” that shows prices of all fuels in your area.

I find only one station reasonably nearby that is consistently cheaper for Premium diesel. Often 20c/pl less.
    MotorMouth the 'app' and Motormouth.com.au removes all the guess work and worry from your fuel purchases. No need to loose sleep over conspiracy theories (or theorists) about why the price changes. Just fill up when it's cheap - don't put as much in when it's more expensive.

Our HDi does roughly 1000km to a tank so I don't need to fill up that often. I can easily ride any fuel price waves and just buy when it's cheapest using the Motormouth.com.au website.

I also use roughly 1 tank per month in the 265 - very easy to fill up when fuel prices are cheap.

Easy.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Jest had to reply REN TIN...

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    And electric rugs, 20volt batteries and chain-saw sharpeners have some relevance to diesel fuel?
    Not really but I suppose I should reply and let seasink know that I found one today and my arthritic knees are nice and warm... Not that some others will care. By the way if you went looking for that diesel price that I quoted in my relevant post, I made a typo and the United price was slightly higher but still under the Shell "low" price, so fervent apologies...

Ken
    jaahn likes this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information