Help Needed
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Help Needed

Default Help Needed getting damaged car from Hob to Dport.

Guys is anyone able to help me? I have purchased an economic write off 405srdt in Hobart at the auctions and I need to get it to Canberra. I can easily take a car trailer to Melbourne and from there to Tas via the boat. They will be upset at the lenght of the car and I will be upset at the extra cost. Are there any Tasmanians out there who can help get the car to Devonport where I can put it on the boat and meet up with the Cruiser and trailer back in Melbourne. Failing that does anybody know of any transport companies who may need a back load from Hobart to Devonport.

Advertisement

BTW Ben if you were still looking at sending a sunroof over for James (looking for mi16) it could be placed in the car along with anyother stuff you were waiting to transport to the mainland for distrubution.
    Last edited by cruiserman; 11th May 2004 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Heading obscure
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Doesn't pugnut also have something that needs to hitch a ride for someone?

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Doesn't pugnut also have something that needs to hitch a ride for someone?

i know he has a 604 that needs a home but it needs to go to a home where it is going to find itself back on the road in it's entirety and not parted out

i'd like to take it off his hands but

1 it's too far away

2 i don't have the time or money to spare for another car

3 it's something else i'd rather not have to shift at this point in time

the other thing is if someone wanted to have a 604 up and going i could put time and parts into it for someone but note above points in that i don't have the time to travel so far for it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

I meant parts, not the car...

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    I have purchased an economic write off 405srdt in Hobart at the auctions and I need to get it to Canberra. .
    Hi Cruiserman - So you got the wreck!! Good work, did it actually go to auction &/or did they play any tricks on you with bidding?
    (BTW we are still v.interested in your 505 rad)
    So many projects - so little time.

BTW Ben if you were still looking at sending a sunroof over for James (looking for mi16) it could be placed in the car along with anyother stuff you were waiting to transport to the mainland for distrubution.
    Wow, thanks for the suggestion Neil, I'd be very grateful to both you and Ben if this could be arranged.
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Quote Originally Posted by 604 tragic
    Hi Cruiserman - So you got the wreck!! Good work, did it actually go to auction &/or did they play any tricks on you with bidding?
    (BTW we are still v.interested in your 505 rad)
    It did go under the hammer, dont know re tricks wouldnt suprise me as I was on the end of the phone but I am ok with the price. Will have plenty of spares or parts for sale to recoup some of the cost. Radiator will be no probs anything else you want off it just let me know. I have a blue and a brown interior, auto box, infact a mechanically almost complete car, glass etc. Ill get intouch nearer the date I am heading down.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by LookingforMi16
    Wow, thanks for the suggestion Neil, I'd be very grateful to both you and Ben if this could be arranged.

Need to get in contact with Ben. The rest should be no worries. I may even catch the boat all the way to SYD may have to talk to you re some arrangements for arrival there if that is the case.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Default Help needed - getting 405 from Hobart to Canberra

Guys is anyone able to help me? I have purchased an economic write off 405srdt in Hobart at the auctions and I need to get it to Canberra. I can easily take a car trailer to Melbourne and from there to Tas via the boat. They will be upset at the lenght of the car and I will be upset at the extra cost. Are there any Tasmanians out there who can help get the car to Devonport where I can put it on the boat and meet up with the Cruiser and trailer back in Melbourne.
    Hi Neil,

I may be going to Hobart in a couple of weeks (29-31 May). I'd be happy to help out where possible in getting the car to Devonport and onto the boat.

If someone has a trailer and/or car to tow it available down there I'd be able to do the driving and loading (is the wreck able to be rolled/steered onto the boat?).

I know a few of the Tassie Peugeot Car Club members who may be able to help out. I'm not sure if they read AussieFrogs, but if they do hopefully they'll reply. If they dont, then give me a call (mobile 0419 406 505) or send an e-mail and we can discuss options.
    Cheers,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adam_405
    Hi Neil,

I may be going to Hobart in a couple of weeks (29-31 May). I'd be happy to help out where possible in getting the car to Devonport and onto the boat.

If someone has a trailer and/or car to tow it available down there I'd be able to do the driving and loading (is the wreck able to be rolled/steered onto the boat?).

I know a few of the Tassie Peugeot Car Club members who may be able to help out. I'm not sure if they read AussieFrogs, but if they do hopefully they'll reply. If they dont, then give me a call (mobile 0419 406 505) or send an e-mail and we can discuss options.
    Cheers,
    Adam
    No worries thanks. Yes it is a driveable wreck, tboned on the drivers side B pillar. How long are you going to Tassie for. I will call you tomorrow evening.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

No worries thanks. Yes it is a driveable wreck, tboned on the drivers side B pillar. How long are you going to Tassie for. I will call you tomorrow evening.
    Neil,

Its a work trip - probably just a day of work but I had hoped to have it adjacent to a weekend to allow for some other stuff. Just today I was speaking to the Tassie people and it now looks like it may be moved back to mid July so this may not suit you. If you are not in a hurry and mid-July is OK then I'm still interested in assisting. Give me a call.
    Cheers,
    Adam

I don't have any parts going to the mainland, but if anyone out there wants my 604 then they can have it cheap, as I am moving house very soon and it will not be 3 acres like I have now so I really need to get rid of the 604. And when I say cheap, I mean VERY cheap.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Icon12

this message should really be in the Peugeot forum..... Can it be moved please?

Default Moderator wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    this message should really be in the Peugeot forum..... Can it be moved please?
    It would seem that the post is a whole lot more relavent to the thread than yours Daniel perhaps you could change your user name to Danielwannabeamoderator.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It would seem that the post is a whole lot more relavent to the thread than yours Daniel perhaps you could change your user name to Danielwannabeamoderator.
    It's ok, I doubt anyone will move this message. This is what these groups are all about ... Helping other french car nutcases out whenever possible

It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've grabbed a toolbox of tools, some rope & possibly some parts off one of my cars in order to get a car rolling again. I must admit, I was concerned the time I lent someone a hydraulic pump to get back to Sydney... True to there word, it turned up in the post 6weeks later

If I was in tassie I'd certainly try to help Cruiserman, but from Ballarat my hands are a little tied

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron

If I was in tassie I'd certainly try to help Cruiserman, but from Ballarat my hands are a little tied

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Thanks D.C. thus far with the exception of Adam405 there has been no constructive suggestions given. I will just have to work it out in the next week or so. I was hoping to aviod having a second car on the boat as the cost of the trailer and then the car on the trailer will add 500$ to the cost of the trip.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

If it's driveable, what about getting a permit to travel?

Someone in Hobart could surely arrange that and drive it to Devonport, put it on the boat and then bus/hitch/drive back to Hobart?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    If it's driveable, what about getting a permit to travel?

Someone in Hobart could surely arrange that and drive it to Devonport, put it on the boat and then bus/hitch/drive back to Hobart?
    No one from Tassie has replied with any offer of help so it is a loner . I hope to get a permit for it if I can I will fly to Hobart and catch the boat to Sydney. Adele can meet me in Sydney with the Cruiser and a trailer. If Ben organises to get the sunroof for James we can meet somewhere and he can get that. If there was anything else that was wanted from overseas off the Mi's that Ben was wrecking that would fit in the boot they could come back as well. I will contact motor registry in Tassie this week and see what happens.

Seems that on checking the Tassie Motor Registry site economic writeoffs can not be driven on public roads unless for the purpose of getting them inspected for reregistration.......... Bugga
    Last edited by cruiserman; 18th May 2004 at 07:33 PM. Reason: More info
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

If Ben organises to get the sunroof for James we can meet somewhere and he can get that.
    Thanks mate, I'll PM Ben to tee it up with him.

Cheers,

James
    Care factor = -273.15șC

Looks like it is heading towards a transport company as the $ are fairly similar and the hassles are not present.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Icon4

I can only suggest that you do your homework then act
    ie: PRICE carrier/s Toll, Holliman (now Patrick) etc to ship car Hobart to Devonport.
    Price "" "" Hobart to a Melb depot.
    price "" " " Hobart to Canberra

verses the do it yourself method
    price your trip Canberra to Melb and return with trailer
    price trip Melb to Devonport
    price trip person + car Devonport to Melb.
    dont forget to add in, accommodation and meals etc.

I agree that it is probably silly to bring a tow car and empty trailer over on the ship I understand that the price is based on the overall length of the outfit. quite a lot of $$$$$ and more than double that of a car. on the other hand caravans get a special deal.

They will charge "freight rates" for a drive on vehicle without number plates

It may well be that a carrier all the way may save you money,trouble and time,
    Make a couple of calls and run the numbers.

Toll 0363340477
    Patrick 0363246000

Cheers Ranger

A man who buys a cheap second hand car often has trouble driving a bargain !

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    I can only suggest that you do your homework then act

It may well be that a carrier all the way may save you money,trouble and time,
    Make a couple of calls and run the numbers.

Toll 0363340477
    Patrick 0363246000

Cheers Ranger

A man who buys a cheap second hand car often has trouble driving a bargain !
    I have already done that and will be going with one of a couple of carriers as I suggested in the previous post.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Neil,

I would be happy to help, sorry i've not been looking at this thread!

I will be driving up to the north of the state on Saturday 5 June with a trailer to pick up an Mi16 wreck, i'm sure we would be happy to tow it up for you if that helps.

Regarding the roof, JG I am happy for you to take it, let me know what you want to do guys!

Neil I am after one small thing off the SRDT, I will talk to you about that

You guys can contact me on 0409 514 419......

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

JG,

I've sent you an email, have spoken to Neil and the roof will be in the car tommorow leaving Hobart for Canberra.

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

And now I find I might be going to Tassie in July...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information