• Register
  • Help
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Bosch gives diesel a new life

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Ren View Post
    Hi
    I had never thought of it like that. I had always assumed it was just to stop the annoyance of houses being surrounded by a cloud of dust every time someone drove past. Do you really think it is for health reasons? Not saying it isn't, just that I never considered it.

Advertisement

Thanks
    Andy
    If itís a State maintained road why shouldnít you expect the same health outcome as one in the suburbs.
    Silicosis is a deadly disease and the recent Indian dust storm killed more than 100 with probably more to come.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    If itís a State maintained road why shouldnít you expect the same health outcome as one in the suburbs.
    Silicosis is a deadly disease and the recent Indian dust storm killed more than 100 with probably more to come.

Unfortunately today people forget the other things we face in our environments that can do us harm as people with an agenda to push be it regulators, the health industry profiteers, or the myriad of people depending on their memes to provide taxation moneys or sadly to practice extortion I.e Greenmail to bring industries to their knees and pay backhanders to protect interests of other trough feeders (those who supply the noisy political push to willing legislators who want to be seen as politically doing the right thing). as that just encourages corrupt behaviour that these days serves the legion of spin doctors employed by the profiteers.

When you realise that if you live in a granite house, built on nice solid granite bedrock and with granite dust in the air (as many in Aberdeen do) the incidence of certain cancers will be clustered in those areas due to the high background radiation, not to mention other dust induced hazards, same with other areas as well.

Charlatans of all walks of life just love to blame that on whatever reaps them the most profit. And the diesel particulate scares are just parts of that induced propaganda, and many will "believe" the scaremongers even if shown scientific and health evidence to the contrary.

We must demand that scaremongers, taxers and political urgers who profit (even health "professionals") produce replicable evidence in the form of data used to reach such conclusions before a rush to regulate on dodgy reports.

Ken
    Kim Luck, dvr and hypermiler like this.

Fellow Frogger!

If it’s a State maintained road why shouldn’t you expect the same health outcome as one in the suburbs.

Hi
    I didn't mean to question the idea of paving a bit of road outside houses on country gravel roads, but was just wondering whether this is done because of perceived health risk, or simply because it stops rate payers houses being shrouded in dust each time a car goes past. Even if that is not a health risk, it is still annoying.

As to your question, I think that if you think dust is a health risk, and you choose to live in the country on a gravel road, then it is just being realistic to say you cant expect the same insulation from dust, as in a town. Of course having the council pave the road outside your house is a perfectly reasonable idea. Regarding the dust storms in India, I would think the 100km/h winds and the downpours might have been the cause of the deaths! That is all said just as a matter of interest, as I am not trying to argue any particular point.

Andy

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

...Silicosis is a deadly disease and the recent Indian dust storm killed more than 100 with probably more to come.

What? Why are you attributing those deaths to silicosis? Doesn't that take years and even decades to kill? I doubt that form of cancer developed and caused deaths during a wind storm. More likely those tragic victims died from structures falling on them or flooding or being blown away.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dvr View Post
    What? Why are you attributing those deaths to silicosis? Doesn't that take years and even decades to kill? I doubt that form of cancer developed and caused deaths during a wind storm. More likely those tragic victims died from structures falling on them or flooding or being blown away.
    Yes it will take quite a long time. Itís insidious.

I'm not a fan of pointing to other similar problems that exist for not doing something about a problem when we can do something. Its arse about thinking...

Does it eliminate the whole problem? Of course not... But every bit helps.
    robmac likes this.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Yes it will take quite a long time. It’s insidious.

So why say 100 died of silicosis in the wind storm?

Fellow Frogger!

An interesting Emissions article from the BBC last year -
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/...ur_car_exhaust

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by dvr View Post
    So why say 100 died of silicosis in the wind storm?
    100+ in India is quite small and they would be already in poor health I would expect and would be effectively suffocated.
    Farmers in Australia donít have particularly good health outcomes either due to air quality they breathe, disregarding accidents of course.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread Information