• 1 Post By Kim Luck

Thread: Thoughts from Total on Gasoline Particulate Filters (GPF) adoption

Fellow Frogger!

Default Thoughts from Total on Gasoline Particulate Filters (GPF) adoption

Inevitably but not as bad as the diesel equivalent apparently:
    https://www.lubricants.total.com/new...te-filters-gpf

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Advertisement

Good. The same standards will further hasten the welcome demise of diesel. Anyone with a diesel who whinges about loss of resale value from here on in gets no sympathy!

This will also further encourage hydridistation as a prelude to more full electric. Bye bye ICE, you wonít be missed by anyone in a cancer ward.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    robmac and qvik like this.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    Good. The same standards will further hasten the welcome demise of diesel. Anyone with a diesel who whinges about loss of resale value from here on in gets no sympathy!

This will also further encourage hydridistation as a prelude to more full electric. Bye bye ICE, you won’t be missed by anyone in a cancer ward.

Nice to see your old venomous eloquence back, Haakon! I suppose it has occurred to you that you may be preaching to only a single convert on what is a forum convened around the existence of the very engines you apparently so despise?
    Fordman likes this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

Hi,
    I don't see the value in buying diesel cars myself, though I realise they have their fans. The thing about diesel causing cancer is a bit of a beat up, though. Yep, seems clear that diesel fumes can cause cancer at some level of exposure, but there isn't anything to say how much that happens in real life. Especially as the research there is, is about diesel fumes, not diesel fumes as they come out the other side of a modern particulate filter. That's how I read it.

Andy.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Ren View Post
    Hi,
    I don't see the value in buying diesel cars myself, though I realise they have their fans. The thing about diesel causing cancer is a bit of a beat up, though. Yep, seems clear that diesel fumes can cause cancer at some level of exposure, but there isn't anything to say how much that happens in real life. Especially as the research there is, is about diesel fumes, not diesel fumes as they come out the other side of a modern particulate filter. That's how I read it.

Andy.
    Particulates AND fumes.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Ren View Post
    Hi,

Andy.
    There is plenty about it. For example, one a many google will produce for you;

http://news.mit.edu/2017/volkswagen-...hs-europe-0303

As as mentioned, itís gaseous emissions and particulates - itís the latter that produces cancer and itís NOx that ****s with your lungs in other ways. And yes, all studies look at tailpipe emissions post filters and other after treatment approaches.

Hope you donít turn your lights on at home

I do. Whats your point?

I think it might be that you are killing the human race by using coal powered electricity. And if you aren't, you will be a very special person, as indeed we know you are!

Haakon, everybody is going to die of something. We don't get to chose what it is. Death is just natures' way of telling us to slow down.

Sadly, I think I might be somewhat older than you and have not yet died from anything vehicular including driving all sorts of motor vehicles for over 2 million kilometres, this including single and multi vehicle prangs, driving diesel trucks interstate and having had the excitement of being stuck in traffic on arterial roads as part of the experience. I intend to keep this driving lifestyle going. I will and do constantly resist any attempt to dumb down my driving pleasure. My extreme driving pleasure is the fact that I can outpace any bicycle....even in a Zeta!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information