Who here liked RC Cars (nitro and crazy elec ones?)
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By bowie
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen
  • 1 Post By Fordman

Thread: Who here liked RC Cars (nitro and crazy elec ones?)

Default Who here liked RC Cars (nitro and crazy elec ones?)

Well there is a meeting happening at my work tomorrow, and they just have the cutest little circuit built inside the paddock

Who here liked RC Cars (nitro and crazy elec ones?)-27023740_10155876565395499_8724545526927312780_o.jpg

Private practice is from 0700-0900, racing from 0900-1400

This is part of our open day and we were excited to be able to involve these chaps. There cars are proper noisy too. They sounded like mini RG250's, but angrier...

Anyway come say hello, there will be a bit going on (it's our open day, and everything is $0, freeeeeeeee) you can sit in a tractor (or a V8 / formula ford), there are a couple of car and bike clubs, you can point and laugh at the drifters (or secretly think it's cool, it's ok, I won't tell anyone) I think some automatic computer driven suzuki's are going to like, pretty much act like Kit from NightRider and avoid hitting stuff, and! And! you can have your face painted whilst looking at my sic POS R12

Advertisement

I can't wait to see the RC cars flippin' all over the place. The paddock is cambered to allow proper drainage downhill, and they have a hard left hand corner set on it. Things (#edit Ed, Geees Dan come on) are going to go everywhere
    Last edited by bowie; 28th January 2018 at 07:49 PM.

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Well there is a meeting happening at my work tomorrow, and they just have the cutest little circuit built inside the paddock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27023740_10155876565395499_8724545526927312780_o.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	103037

Private practice is from 0700-0900, racing from 0900-1400

This is part of our open day and we were excited to be able to involve these chaps. There cars are proper noisy too. They sounded like mini RG250's, but angrier...

Anyway come say hello, there will be a bit going on (it's our open day, and everything is $0, freeeeeeeee) you can sit in a tractor (or a V8 / formula ford), there are a couple of car and bike clubs, you can point and laugh at the drifters (or secretly think it's cool, it's ok, I won't tell anyone) I think some automatic computer driven suzuki's are going to like, pretty much act like Kit from NightRider and avoid hitting stuff, and! And! you can have your face painted whilst looking at my sic POS R12

I can't wait to see the RC cars flippin' all over the place. The paddock is cambered to allow proper drainage downhill, and they have a hard left hand corner set on it. Thing's are going to go everywhere
    Things, Bowie, things.

Here's one of the best races ever for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXLtPGrTGQ
    Fordman likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Moses that was spectacular!

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Is that Eastern Creek, Bowie? Sorry, not aware of your "job" - but looks interesting! Bit too far for me to go this time.

My son started in RC racing 25 years ago and he is still in it at 40 years old. There is a lot more to the sport than most people would think, in the technology, and in the family values (boys competing with adult men on a level playing field, for instance). I got away from full-size racing (as an official and many years before, as pit crew) to support my son in RC. No regrets.

On-road RC is so fast it's ridiculous! Look at the reflexes necessary for the level of that video above - amazing. Hope you get to see some good racing on your open day. (Edit: oops, just realised it was a couple of days ago - thought it was funny to be midweek!)

Last edited by Fordman; 31st January 2018 at 03:31 PM.
    FIVEDOOR likes this.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Any photos or videos, Bowie?
    Or links to the club running the RC meet?
    Thanks.

2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Thread Information