• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Been on a Volvo binge

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys.
    That range rover looks awesome as it. Is he selling the whole car?

Ill get some pictures up as soon as I can.
    doubt it ... the 2doors are worth silly money .... Why can't CXs be going up in value like crappy old range rovers and citroen DS's (I'd be a millionaire if they did ).

check out what is being asked for the better ones in the UK these days

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_s...classic&_sop=3

Advertisement

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Here she is

Wife loves itBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4876.jpgBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4883.jpgBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4882.jpgBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4880.jpgBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4879.jpgBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4878.jpgBeen on a Volvo binge-img_4877.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4876.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	104279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4883.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	104280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4882.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	104281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4880.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	104282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4879.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	104283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4878.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	104284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4877.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	104285
    SilverGTi_6 likes this.

Very tidy
    Lotus Elise Sport 111
    Peugeot RCZ
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s

Previous
    205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I would suggest an appropriate reply would be:
    let he who cast the first stone be without sin

or as the film director said "let's get stoned and introduce the cast to sin"

Cam, any chance Ange could be persuaded to add a few words on her considerations?

good story,

I've often said that;

"women would rather make sure there were more books in the library than put a larger motor in a car ..." * **

*add any life sustaining initiative you care for
    ** something of a defining point to the difference between oestrogen and testosterone!

ed

not much thinking outside the box here;
    one would assume peugeot and volvo were at least cousins if not half siblings, no doubt volvo car club members (aussievlov's?) bemoan the cost/difficulty of repairs to old french cars ...

onya Cam,

was that you with that magna motor?
    Last edited by edgedweller; 7th March 2018 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgedweller View Post
    let he who cast the first stone be without sin

or as the film director said "let's get stoned and introduce the cast to sin"

Cam, any chance Ange could be persuaded to add a few words on her considerations?

good story,

I've often said that;

"women would rather make sure there were more books in the library than put a larger motor in a car ..." * **

*add any life sustaining initiative you care for
    ** something of a defining point to the difference between oestrogen and testosterone!

ed

not much thinking outside the box here;
    one would assume peugeot and volvo were at least cousins if not half siblings, no doubt volvo car club members (aussievlov's?) bemoan the cost/difficulty of repairs to old french cars ...

onya Cam,

was that you with that magna motor?
    On that finishing note, If your TV reception has been fixed, SBS have a number of excellent Scandinavian mini series.

And if your technology allows you can see them online at SBS' website in the "on demand" section.
    Last edited by robmac; 7th March 2018 at 08:30 PM.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Magna motor?

Not me...

Her grandfather donated his old 240 to here when she was a kid. She grew up out on Long Island New York and always loves the fact the volvo heater could fry your face off. She loves the look of them and brings more stuff home off the street that I buy french car parts. Most of our house is from the street thanks to her old 240.

Ive put larger sway bars in this one from the 240 turbo and its made a considerable difference.

Edge, Im not sure I follow whats your asking of Ange. Im sure she would love to come a write a few things on AF but shes busy making pottery on her wheel....that she got off the street....

It is funny how it all adds up. I drove my Dads 264 for about an hour as a 14yr old on the highway to Melbourne GP once. He was tired and reckoned ' I would be sweet. Just put my shades on and eyes to the front '

My old man is actually a Morgan nutcase. Has had them since he was 19 in 1960. Morgan motor companies first car was powered by a Peugeot motorcycle engine. I grew up with Dad in the shed restoring the Mog ( 59 plus 4 ) and fell in love with 205s as a 17yr old. Years later Dad discovered this fact after I had spent a year in France flying hot air ballons as a 19yr old. For work in france we use to visit an old Castle that had an amazing ( 500 + ) motorbike collection. One of the photos I took unknowingly was of that original motor which was in a case on display. Tuned out the owner of the collection was a mad Morgan nutcase at heart...

So yes. Pug,Volvo now Morgans! Funny actually. My dad was marshalling at Oran Park years ago and met Adrian and Owen Wuillemin. They put me in touch with this site. The reason Dad was there was because the Morgan Club and the Lotus club, which those guys are apart of, are in the CSCA club. Small world

Cam
    Last edited by cam85; 7th March 2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Richard W and lozenge like this.

Cam, make her a cuppa and put her in front of the keyboard ... Long Island NY hey, will have some quite wild observations no doubt, come on Ange, enlighten us please ....

car looks near enough new, fantastic

ps bought a 403 with a engine modified with sigma pistons, his name was Cameron, was only 30 odd years ago

Rob, TV on the blink again, this time only 1 - 2 days for repair, last time 10 days, thanks for your considered thoughts

ed

Well considering Im only 32 ( 85 baby ) Im certain it was not me! Although my Grandma, Dads Mum, had a Sigma wagon growing up. Metallic green paint and had 18 000 on it when she passed in 2001. Went to a 'collector' of Sigmas..

Yes its almost new. It certainly drives like a new one I would imagine.

Cam

1000+ Posts

Been to Long Island NY PLENTY of times. Bought around a dozen or so cars from there.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information