I received this information by email from the CCC of NSW today:
Please refer below for the an obituary for David Bean and his farewell.

David Bean
Passed away peacefully 17 December 2017
Aged 81 years
Late of NSW Central Coast

Peter Wilson, of the Peugeot Car Club, has submitted the following obituary:

David Bean, who established himself as a valued member of the Peugeot club community with his road tests of the model range through the years, died in his sleep on Sunday. He was 81.

David had withdrawn from club activities as his condition deteriorated with alzheimers and heart problems, but on visits to his son Rob, who lives near me, kept in touch.

He made a last appearance when we brought him along on the OASIS run to Long Jetty in November but was uncharacteristically quiet.

David had a remarkable life and a long obsession with cars. After a career in advertising that ranged from working with Vauxhall in the UK, Ford in Canada and on the Firestone account in Australia and New Zealand.

That last was the highlight when he was assigned to work first with Jack Brabham here in testing Firestone tyres against their competition on a race circuit and then with NZ F1 champion Dennis Hulme over the Tasman.

In his retirement he "downsized" from a Ferrari to CitroŽns and after writing road tests of members' different models for the CitroŽn club magazine he joined our club and turned his attention to the Peugeot range. He was a great asset to the magazine with his writings, his role as a magazine stuffer and teller of amusing anecdotes.

Advertisement

He was also a great companion on our trips to Worm and Oh3 weekends, and to pageants where everyone knew him from his reports that interstate magazines had also run.

Son Rob and daughter Melinda advise the service for David Bean will be at 2.30pm on Thursday, 21st December 2017 at Mackay Family Funerals at 249 Pacific Highway Ourimbah. If anyone is attending they advise not to put the address into GPS but use the nearest cross street is Palmdale Road.

I well remember his interesting speeches on all things vehicular when he was a member of the Citroen Car Club. Sadly missed. John