Kooti Needs Help - Page 4
  • Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kooti Needs Help

Thanks Neal.
    I'm guessing the air valve you mentioned was not working previously but is now. Thanks for the right title of the valve. I promise to stop calling it a choke. Is the valve able to be adjusted? Is the valve mor affective in really cold weather? It's been down as low as minus 8 here the last few days but car started OK I takes about a couple of minutes for revs to drop back to normal. Would this be normal? I need to get some exhaust repairs done, can exhaust be modified. For example does car need so many mufflers? I'm taking it for a run Thursday will let you know how it goes.
    cheers Kooti

Advertisement

Hi kooti
    The air valve can be adjusted, a but fiddly and not normally a routine job, sounds like yours is working fine, Revs will stay higher for longer in colder temperatures as it is heat controlled by heat from the thermostat body it is mounted on and an electric heater in the valve. you can test the valve but can't remember if testing or the adjusting procedures are in the Haynes or just the factory manual.
    It would be really helpful for you get a good understanding of the whole injection system, including testing and adjusting procedures, I have some good material that I would be happy to send you for the cost of a bit of copying and the postage.
    The exhaust system is set up the way it is so that you get the right balance of exhaust gas flow and backpressure for these motors, so the simple answer you need them, however a really good exhaust place might be able to fit a system that does the same, but may cost more than original ones, the original type are usually available, cost would depend on which mufflers you need replacing, you can either get original intermediate pipes or have an exhaust shop make one, my experience is that cost is about the same.
    Looking forward to hearing how the run goes.
    Regards
    Neil

Hi Neal
    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.
    I took the car for a long run, still having issues with the timing. Thanks for your offer of bracket however I have been able to obtain timing mark bracket but as yet have not fitted it. The car runs OK but is a little reluctant to turn over after short stops, it would seem timing is a little too far advanced. it will eventually start and runs OK once started but revs are too high at idle, when I adjust idle back engine becomes very erratic. Hopefully this will all be settled when get the bracket and set timing properly.
    My next job is getting ready for summer and replacing air conditioner compressor, air con works but has a slow leak somewhere. they certainly don't make things easy to get at. Compressor should have been changed when head was off, however mechanic forgot to do it and put the head and manifold back on before I became aware of it not being done. I have had to repair or tighten so many things like exhaust nuts/bolts not being tight at flange, little things but many of them become a big pain.
    Anyway it's too nice a day here today so I won't go on about it any further.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Cheers Kooti

Hi Everyone.
    Please see attached photo by clicking the attach link below.
    Pug Mixture Adjuster Cropped 2.jpg

Is anyone able to tell me if this mixture adjuster hole is supposed to have a cover a tamper proof cover? I have the right size Allen Key for the adjuster but when I try to change the mixture setting while engine is running the engine stalls. Is anyone able to help with information,

Questions: Are you supposed to only adjust mixture when engine is stopped?
    Question 2: If there is a tamper proof cover does it have a breather hole in it?

I believe the engine is a ZDJ and I believe it's an LE2 Jetronics injector system.
    if anyone is able to help with my dilemma please get back to me.
    Thanks Kooti

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread Information