Kooti Needs Help - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kooti Needs Help

No, Its located in one of the bolt holes in the mounting flange of the starter motor and protrudes out about 5 mm to locate in a bolt hole in the bell housing, from memory its in the middle mounting hole on a 505 STi starter.
    Regards
    Neil

Advertisement

Kooti Needs Help-starter.jpg
    Hi Every one, thanks for getting back to me.

Hi Neil, we only had the head off to fix oil leak so engine is back together and with a socket on harmonic balancer bolt will turn by hand.

Beano, I have attached a photo of the same type of starter which is in my vehicle "photo attached is of starter on a 505 same model as mine that is being wrecked" as you can see the housing on my photo is different to the photo you have attached,. mine has three bolts attaching it, your photo shows only two. Is an Auto starter different to a manual? haven't looked at Headlight as yet will check them tomorrow.

TassieExec. Thanks, as i said above, only head was removed and since being replaced engine is turning by hand.

Jaahn. Thanks, I am still in the belief it is a bad earth causing voltage drop, however, unless its an earth from engine to chassis not connected somewhere i have not found as yet, all others have been checked. which brings me back to starter motor which has been checked by two Auto Electricians??

Very frustrating!!!
    please keep any thoughts and ideas coming, great to have the support.

I will keep everyone informed of any progress.

Cheers Kooti

Hi Kooti

Three bolts are normal on a 505 STi starter, manual and auto are the same.

Regards

Neil

Coming into the thread late.

I'm wondering if the "voltage drop" is caused by starter jamming because of improper mesh ?

This will cause the starter to draw excessive current and give similar symptoms to excessive voltage drop.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Kooti, Sorry if I confused you....the starter I pictured was some other car....I just wanted to arrow the linkage to clarify which linkage it was that you were talking about.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information