Where to buy tyres for Citroen Dyane (Michelin 125 R15)
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Where to buy tyres for Citroen Dyane (Michelin 125 R15)

Hi All, I live in Victoria and need 4 new tyres for my Dyane. Current ones are Michelin 125 R15 Radial X). I've only managed to find one stockist who quoted $275 each - ouch. Can anyone please give me heads up on where to look for these. I remember there were some that were being offered freight free to Aust (I think from UK) but that was a few years ago. Thanks for any assistance. Cheers.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Longstone still deliver from UK

Have not used them myself but people on forum have recently been praising price, delivery time and fact that tyres are not years old

I think that Antique Tyre supplies in West Heidelberg have them , but I noticed that their Michelins were not cheap when I was researching recently. They are, however, good people who provide a good service - have bought from them a number of times.

Andrew

Tadpole

I ordered 16 inch Michelin X from Longstone a couple of years ago and delivery was at the post office in a week. At the time I did two orders of two to avoid GST. They are offering free delivery on Michelin X at the moment but I don't know if that includes Australia. They're good value compared to the price being asked for rubbish tyres like Excelsior. An older car deserves quality tyres.

JBN

I had four 2CV tyres delivered from them to the door via courier a couple of years ago. I think if you bought a full set, the delivery was free, even to Australia. The courier liked delivering them as all four tyres were hanging off one arm whilst he handed the delivery gadget for me to sign with the other hand.

John

Fellow Frogger!

The other option is Nankangs, which should be about half the price of the Michelins.

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '71? Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Tadpole

In a world full of tyres of sometimes awful quality it's sweet to get hold of European made Michelins. That goes for trucks as well as cars.

I also had quick service and a good price on Michelins from Longstone Tyres UK.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

JBN

If you can't get Michelins, the Nankangs are about the only tyre to fit a 15" skinny rim. They are certainly the preferred tyre for Raiders, as Michelin sidewalls and sharp stones don't go together. The roadholding of Nankangs is quite good. At a multi car club day at Eastern Creek in Sydney some years ago, each car club had two laps around the track. Daffyduck was clocked at 115kph down the main straight and the thing that amazed the person behind, who clocked me, was that I took the left hander at the same speed. At near maximum angle of bank, I certainly wasn't contemplating backing off the throttle!

John

Thread Information