• Register
  • Help
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By JBN
  • 3 Post By David S

Thread: Vale Paul Playoust

Fellow Frogger

Default Vale Paul Playoust

Sadly, Paul passed away last weekend after a short illness.

He had a long involvement with the automotive world and many in the Peugeot and Citroen club communities would have encountered Paul at some point.

I will miss the intelligent conversations about all manner of things, the requests to please procure some oddball book and the little sketches that often adorned his letters.

The funeral notice was in Saturday's (18th) SMH and it will be held on Monday (20th) at Kensington.
    Paul PLAYOUST Death Notice - Newtown, New South Wales | The Sydney Morning Herald

Further information for those who knew Paul and are interested in attending the funeral:
    Paul Playoust (RIP) ? CPS 1954 ? Funeral Details | Chevalier College | Shield & Heart

Advertisement

UFO

David,

I'm so sad to read this news. I have not logged onto AF for nearly a month and am catching up today.

Paul was, as you say, always interesting to talk to and had a wealth of knowledge and history in that head of his. He was always ready to chat to anyone.

It is disappointing and somewhat disrespectful, that for one who spent so much time supporting the CCC of NSW (even having his home phone number listed as the contact number for the club for many years) that not one piece of correspondence was sent to members about Paul's passing and funeral.

JBN

It was David S who started this thread on a Sunday, which I read in time to attend Paul's funeral on the Monday. Most of the car lovers came from the Peugeot Car Club. including Davis S. Greg represented Continental Cars. Sadly it was very short notice, but those that did attend did Paul justice. He was the quintessential gentleman. RIP.

John
    UFO, Boyracer and danielsydney like this.

Fellow Frogger

Paul was a fairly private individual and he evidently didn't want to trouble many people about his illness. I wasn't aware until a few days before the funeral. The CCC secretary would only know if someone told them, so in hindsight it might have been helpful had I let them know when posting this thread.

Paul had apparently often visited the retired priests, so they were presumably also saying goodbye to a friend.

It was good you were able to attend JBN. RIP indeed.
    UFO, Boyracer and danielsydney like this.

1000+ Posts

Very sad to learn of his passing. It was my pleasure to share research with him on occasions. An absolute gentleman.

Thread Information