307 hdi wont start
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307 hdi wont start

Hi, my 2008 307hdi 2.0l cranks but wont start. You can bump start it very easily. A small push and it starts immediately. The local PUG dealer thought it was a high pressure pump problem. I removed and cleaned the pump and it appeared in perfect condition. A scan tool comes up with both low and high fuel pressure. The car runs perfectly when bump started, but will not start off the key. It will crank but not fire. Could it be the immobiliser? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

My suspicion is that the starter motor, though turning, hasn't the torque to turn fast enough under load. You may need a new one. From not always reliable memory, the dealer software can indicate the cranking rpm. Check with your tool.

Cleaning the HP pump is a worry - I hope you didn't dismantle it.
    Last edited by seasink; 5th September 2017 at 02:15 PM.

Tadpole

Its cranking fast. Disassembled the high pressure pump and put it back together and car is running fine except i have to push start it. It starts immediately as you let the clutch out. I'm sure its electrical or computer related. I tried starting it by having the key on and shorting straight across the starter solenoid, but it just cranked over quickly with no start. I then disconnected the starter solenoid power supply so as to bypass the key and powered the solenoid directly. Still no luck. Give me old mechanical injection anyday.

What sort of mileage is on it definitely not the immobiliser I have done starters on these and the V6s for hard to start issues have you swapped batteries ( charging doesnt solve it)

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Tadpole

258000k's. Tried a new battery and it made no difference. It is cranking over a lot faster than us push starting it. I was told it could be the chip in the key. But that doesnt explain how it push starts.

It cannot be the key

Tadpole

Had an auto electrician plug his scanner in and said it was a high pressure pump problem. Not enough pressure at cranking. Only 40 bar when it should be 200. Peugeot dealer diagnosed the same saying it was low pressure. My own diagnostic tool shows two faults...low pressure and high pressure!Well, swapped the high pressure pump and no difference. Still wont start. Im wondering if it could be the common rail pressure sensor. It bump starts on the replacement pump. The dealer lent me their test pump, so its ok. I think the problem must be computer or electrical.

Lol

Thread Information