Is it me? O rdoes any1 else think this is over the top!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Is it me? Or does any1 else think this is over the top!

http://www.peugeot206club.com/forum/...pic.php?t=2884

Check out this thread in a 206 forum, this guy has spent god knows how much on his body kit, interior and other mods, they seem totally pointless to me. I think the car looks very ugly infact, maybe the interior is cool, but the exterior makes me want to puke .

Advertisement

If you read the thread further, the ricer boys have a big argument over which body kit is Da BEST! lol pretty funny.

-
    Last edited by n b j; 28th April 2004 at 12:54 PM.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    http://www.peugeot206club.com/forum/...pic.php?t=2884

Check out this thread in a 206 forum, this guy has spent god knows how much on his body kit, interior and other mods, they seem totally pointless to me. I think the car looks very ugly infact, maybe the interior is cool, but the exterior makes me want to puke .

If you read the thread further, the ricer boys have a big argument over which body kit is Da BEST! lol pretty funny.

-
    No, you’re not Robinson Crusoe thinking this is an ugly piece of work.
    Real regurgitation material.

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

1000+ Posts

Not my cup of tea either but I must admit he has done a nice job. And the 206 is one heck of a cute car to start with so, anything looks good on them I reckon.

dbc

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think its ugly, unnecessary and a waste of money. (Actually, I don't much like the 206 to begin with.) I prefer 203s, 403s, and 504s, which many drivers of more modern Peugeots would think old-fashioned and ugly.
    1969 16TS
    1995 405 SRI

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    Not my cup of tea either but I must admit he has done a nice job. And the 206 is one heck of a cute car to start with so, anything looks good on them I reckon.
    I must agree, I'm not a fan of Body Kits, but the job looks like a High Quality one.

The fact that I don't like that style of mod doesn't mean I can't appreciate the effort (and time) that has gone into it.

All the body gaps are perfect, the quality of the kit looks very good, and the paint looks better than factory.

The interior is very nicely done, with custom gauges set into a custom pod. This sort of thing takes a bit of time and effort.

I consider "ricing" to be someone who does a try hard job of doing up a car.

eg: bolting a spare Boeing 747 wing onto a stock Hynudai Excel, or screwing a set of red aluminium wingy things on to a 306 (cough...asakna..cough ).

I think there is a big difference between ricing and what some of these guys do. It's like building your own customised car using a rolling chassis of your choice.

Not my style (and yes, very over the top) but still very well done....

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    I consider "ricing" to be someone who does a try hard job of doing up a car.

eg: bolting a spare Boeing 747 wing onto a stock Hynudai Excel, or screwing a set of red aluminium wingy things on to a 306 (cough...asakna..cough ).

I think there is a big difference between ricing and what some of these guys do. It's like building your own customised car using a rolling chassis of your choice.
    Yeah I do agree with you. Some peoples definitions of rice is some1 who spends money on mods for their car and it has no effect on the cars performance, but a well done job with a nice leather interior, nicely designed and integrated gauges and a nice stereo, etc makes the car 'nice' not 'rice'. I still think the exterior of this car is ugly and a waste of money, but some bodykits that are a little more subtle look cool. I think the stereotypical ricerboys still exist but at the same time some people are taking rice to the next level and making it nice
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

These jokers obviously have too much money and too little taste...

I don't mind the back or the front. From the side it's a bit much, I think it's the wheels. Also the interior is overdone (nice seats though). It actually almost makes the 206 look passable. The workmanship is superb.

Being from Ireland, he probably doesn't have a garage - how'd you like to leave that parked on the street!
    Bruce

Currently owned:
    1988 505 GTi S2 Familial
    1999 E46 BMW 328Ci, 2002 Falcon AUIII Ute
    Previously owned:
    ('78-'81) 1970 504 (with the beautiful French seats)
    ('81-'89) 1977 504 (took the family on postings to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra)
    Brother owned:
    203,403,404,504 (each when they were current vehicles)

I personally am not a fan of bodykits, but I think these two look way better than the one above. If ever I did build a track only pug, I'd consider putting one of these simply due to the kit allowing a much wider track (obviously after some serious suspension geometry changes..and it'd be undrivable on the road).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it me? O rdoes any1 else think this is over the top!-206_threequarter_front.jpg   Is it me? O rdoes any1 else think this is over the top!-306_dimma_1_03.jpg  
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

The red one looks quite good. Is that a 206? If so the body kit covers half the lights (which I think is what it needs as I am not a fan of those lights).
    Bruce

Currently owned:
    1988 505 GTi S2 Familial
    1999 E46 BMW 328Ci, 2002 Falcon AUIII Ute
    Previously owned:
    ('78-'81) 1970 504 (with the beautiful French seats)
    ('81-'89) 1977 504 (took the family on postings to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra)
    Brother owned:
    203,403,404,504 (each when they were current vehicles)

I generally don't like this sort of thing so I thought I would have a peek so I could join in with the collective gagging. To my surprise it looks good.

Let's get this straight; the 206 is a good looking car not a great looking car. The standard 206 is too tall and narrow, unfortunetly Peugeot followed the trends and fashion (Asian) rather than setting them as they did with the 205.

The featured 206 has far better proportion and stance than stock.

It's sad the 205 GTI has not seen a successor, we wait in hope.
    "Times have changed since the 205GTi. Modern society wouldn't tolerate such a focused car" Autocar magazine, 16 April 2003

Quote Originally Posted by yawood
    The red one looks quite good. Is that a 206? If so the body kit covers half the lights (which I think is what it needs as I am not a fan of those lights).
    The red one is a 306. The silver one is a 206 though. I like the long lights of both cars, I think it's quite unique.

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe
    I generally don't like this sort of thing so I thought I would have a peek so I could join in with the collective gagging. To my surprise it looks good.

Let's get this straight; the 206 is a good looking car not a great looking car. The standard 206 is too tall and narrow, unfortunetly Peugeot followed the trends and fashion (Asian) rather than setting them as they did with the 205.

The featured 206 has far better proportion and stance than stock.

It's sad the 205 GTI has not seen a successor, we wait in hope.
    The 206 is a little tall, but it's definitely not narrow. The 206 gti/gti180 isn't anyway. I guess everyone's got different tastes, but I like the look of the 206's, has far more style in my opinion than the similar offerings like Clio, Civic, Fiesta (which looks alright though) etc. I think in performance, the gti180 is worthy of being called a successor to the 205 gti as it goes and handles so well. It might not be ground breaking like the 205 was in its day, but short of sticking a v6 behind the seats like they did with the clio, it'd be hard to break new ground with a hot hatch nowadays. Doesn't make it any less of a hot hatch though.

- 306 gti6

It's not bad. I wouldn't own it, but as far as body kits go, it's quite tasteful.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    I guess everyone's got different tastes, but I like the look of the 206's, has far more style in my opinion than the similar offerings like Clio, Civic, Fiesta (which looks alright though) etc. I think in performance, the gti180 is worthy of being called a successor to the 205 gti as it goes and handles so well.
    I agree I fell in love with the 206 at the 1999 motorshow and ordered one of the first 50 models in the country. The reason I liked it so much was the distinctive styling, it looks very stylish and modern today, let alone what it looked like compared to all the other models in it's class in 1999.

Most 206's in Europe are modded in one way or another, but that is just their thing, so long as the mods remain stylish and classy and add to the look of the car I don't have a problem. If they make it tacky and ugly and a total rice box, then I have a problem. I also don't like debadging cars. I mean if you drive a Honda civic or a suzuki or a charade or something then I can understand debading but debadging a nice little Peugeot???
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

1000+ Posts

I like it. The only thing that's a bit odd to me is why did he start with a 1.6L model, and not a 2.0L model?

Don't you just love Irish number plates? So logical. I'll explain.
    His is 03 - D - 8288

The first two numbers are the year of first registration (2003 in this case). The second 'group' which in this case is a D is the town. D is for Dublin.
    The third group is the plate number - 8288 - so this is probably the 8288th plate made in 2003. Across the top of the plate is the county in Gaelic - I can't read it off the plate but it should be Baile Atha Cliath.

At the end of 2003 in Dublin you would have seen really really long plates (with smaller numbers to fit it all in) such as 03 - D - 274839. That's because Dublin has the highest population so more cars are registered there.

Pick a county with a smaller population like Kilkenny and you'll see 03 - K - 1234.

Completely off topic I know, but hey, some of you might have been curious!
    Derek

Ahhh another rice bagging thread on AF, we havent had one for a while i geuss.

As everyone knows i have a soft spot for rice. For most young fellas like myself this things looks great, again another fine job by the eccose styling group. God knows how much the guy would have spent on it but props to the job done. I don't like this positioning of the NOS bottle, personally i can't stand the sight of a NOS bottle.

I suppose i can see why some hate this car, but he has individualised it nicely. Fat wheel archers always look good on a 206 & seem to be the latest ricey style for the 2004 summer collection.

The car isn't all show & no go read on....

It will be supercharged with front mounted charge cooler along with uprated head,pistons and cams (rev limit should be around 7,500rpm so should sound sweet.and if everything goes well it will have the priviledge of having a dump valve,but this is not a definate as dump valves on supercharged cars are pretty un heard of over here and ecosse have not yet done one,but hopfully ) Power is expected to be over 200bhp without nitrous and depending on what size jets are used could be over 250bhp
    206's of late have popped up as a very popular car for being riced. Lots of rich indonesian students seem to love chucking WRC kits on there 1.6 206's.

As i said each to there own, don't knock him just cause his car doesn't look like yours .

Asanka-out

1000+ Posts

ANyone know what these guages are all for? They're not labelled...

I assume the left one is a tacho (10000rpm anyone?). The middle one, starting at zero and going to -1.0 I am guessing is probably manifold pressure (the article said it is/is going to be supercharged) but what is the right hand one, going from 5 to 15 with ever increasing intervals between the numbers?

If I'm wrong, let me know

Derek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it me? O rdoes any1 else think this is over the top!-marky_3.jpg  

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa

I assume the left one is a tacho (10000rpm anyone?). The middle one, starting at zero and going to -1.0 I am guessing is probably manifold pressure (the article said it is/is going to be supercharged) but what is the right hand one, going from 5 to 15 with ever increasing intervals between the numbers?

Derek.

Not sure about the dials - but that red button looks ominous. DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON!! - hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    I don't like this positioning of the NOS bottle, personally i can't stand the sight of a NOS bottle.
    Is it legal to have it visible? Obviously is, surely that would attract loads of cops. What about in this country? Can you get busted for having the NoS on display like that?

Also I agree with you, this guy is not a backyard ricer, he atleast is doing some performance mods too. 200BHP with NoS sounds pretty insane! Especially for a 1600cc car! Doesn't mean I am still warming to the exterior though! I think the body kit is still a bit over the top.
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa

Derek.
    Yep! I think the middle guage is to do with the pressure of his manifold and the far one maybe something else related to the supercharger? Seems to be the most logical conclusion. anyone?
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I kinda like the bodykit, very original & well executed. The wheel arches would take some getting used to..

I don't see anything wrong with the interior either, looks nice.
    If you want to see some dodgy interiors go to the auto-salon which is at homebush each year.

The kit is a little over the top for me. However I do like the LED taillights. I wonder if they are standard size...
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Yeah I loike those LED's too. Which reminds me, does anybody know what happened to "Esscargo" or North SHore rally sport? their website used to be at: http://www.esscargo.com.au But there is nothing there now. I know they had a range of lexus style front and rear lights for the 206 and 306.

Also it looks like Peugeot wins hand down in the "Most Popular Cars to be Modded" in Europe with all 3 models (106, 206 and 306) on the list:

http://www.street-racers.co.uk/modifying_guide
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

i dont mind that at all.. there are a lot of body kits that really dont suit the car, i think this guys kit suits ok, except maybe the guards- a little too much, and i really dont like the treatment between the front and rear guard flares along the sill, looks unfinished.

interiors cool, except for one thing, arent guages supposed to TELL you something?? the three guages hes got in the centre pod arent marked, what are they? what the hell do they do??
    1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information