France goes all electric vehicles by 2040 - Page 4
  • Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: France goes all electric vehicles by 2040

1000+ Posts

Hi
    I was at the shopping center in the next suburb, Jesmond, and noticed they have now have an electric car charging point in the car park. A Tesla connection and a standard ? type of connector. Hmmm never seen that before around here !
    Times are a-changing Must be time for me to buy that Tesla !
    Jaahn

Advertisement

How are governments going to replace all the tax income from petrol, diesel .
    if you recharge at home from off peak grid power , no tax paid .
    Will a tax be placed on domestic power supply , I feel this is politically impossible.
    If you are lucky enough to recharge from your own solar panels you can never be taxed .
    jaahn likes this.
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Peugeot 307 Wagon
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    I was at the shopping center in the next suburb, Jesmond, and noticed they have now have an electric car charging point in the car park. A Tesla connection and a standard ? type of connector. Hmmm never seen that before around here !
    Times are a-changing Must be time for me to buy that Tesla !
    Jaahn
    One spot in the whole car park. Wouldn't want too many Tesla's turning up at the same time.
    But in any event, just like disabled bays, ambulance/police bays, etc. Some privileged idiot in with a IC engine will park there and block the bay from those that need it.
    Kim Luck likes this.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Can I suggest that you take the time to watch Tony Seba ( https://tonyseba.com/ ) and then let us know what you think about Battery Electric Cars (BEV). If our Governments finally fall into line with the South Australia Government and promote renewable power then you will see power prices fall. So motorists will see how cheep it is to run a BEV. But as you will see it is a convergence of technologies that will be changing the car industry. How many people now have a smart phone and a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgjoh View Post
    Can I suggest that you take the time to watch Tony Seba ( https://tonyseba.com/ ) and then let us know what you think about Battery Electric Cars (BEV). If our Governments finally fall into line with the South Australia Government and promote renewable power then you will see power prices fall. So motorists will see how cheep it is to run a BEV. But as you will see it is a convergence of technologies that will be changing the car industry. How many people now have a smart phone and a camera?
    Sorry Boss, I can't come to work today. There was no wind last night and my BEV has a flat battery. I might come in to work tomorrow as long as the wind blows and/or the sun shines.....
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Fellow Frogger!

Tesla Model 3 is only about $60K the same price as a good 4x4 or executive sedan. I saw a news report a couple of days ago where a Toyota Camry Hybrid Taxi went up in flames in Sydney, seemed to be a fire in the rear section. Oh! Channel 7 just said it was a Taxi due to any issues with Toyotas advertising budget but it was a Camry taxi by the look of it! Interesting most taxi are now Toyota Camry Hybrid with either fuel or optional gas setups. I saw an add where they are available to the public for drive away for $32K ( also saw a figure of $28K somewhere?) but taxi fleet buyers would be getting them for far less than that. It also said they were good for up to 250,000km before major issues so I guess Toyota is recycling them and replacing them with a new manufactured item. I read the battery has a warranty of seven years. Anyway they burn well!
    Noted: Hybrids are not Electric vehicles as they have an Internal Combustion Engine, but the electrical system battery and drive systems are same.
    Last edited by halfamill; 4th September 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread Information