*PSA Is In Talks With General Motors To Deepen Their Partnership - Source - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: *PSA Is In Talks With General Motors To Deepen Their Partnership - Source

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    It continues to amuse me that this French car forum centres its interest around brands which are owned by global or at least transnational organisations for whom the French market is a modest proportion of sales.
    Nostalgic conceptions can be enduring.

Advertisement

The deal is agreed between PSA and GM and goes before the Board of PSA on Monday for ratification. Then they have to get the approval of the various German stakeholders, essentially the regional and federal governments and the unions. The financial details have not been released but it does not look as if it materially affects the share capital of PSA. In fact, on the announcement the share prices of both PSA and GM went up. GM have commited to make a substantial contribution to the deficits in the Vauxhall and Opel pension funds. These have not been published but various European press sources have speculated from one to ten billion $US.
    Next week Opel officially launch their new SUV/crossover based on a common PSA platform, a project created during the old GM/PSA agreement some five years ago.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

It seems this news has only just reached the Holden fanbois. Already they are screaming about a 'French Commodore!'

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

A Frommadore, pretty cheesy.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

1000+ Posts

Pyramid selling is illegal.....Has been for,at a guess,at least 50 years.

I continually hear people speak of which they have no accurate knowledge of what a pyramid scheme is ,as they are repeating inaccurate information.

So the solution to the problem is to call up 'The Powers That Be' and have those companies shut down.

SHOULD they be Pyramid schemes which are a total con.......remember Golden Products,then that would be wonderful.

Failing that the person who had been incorrectly informed will hopefully realize.....that what they have done is denigrated what is actually classed in business circles....such as Robert Kyosaki as the most egalitarian business concept available to mankind as no-one can be successful UNLESS they help others succeed.........

If a person actually analyses 'Normal' business they are in fact Pyramid Systems as there is nothing but total control from the top.

Cheers,

P.S. No intention to denigrate anyone who has been ill-informed.

1000+ Posts

I may have missed it but I read the other day that apparently G.M.were intending to put a caveat in the P.S.A. contract preventing P.S.A. from entering U.S.A.....China ...and was it Mexico....

Personally I would have not agreed to those conditions.

1000+ Posts

Can't be that simple. PSA are already in China (Dong Feng is a major shareholder) and Mexico - Bienvenidos al sitio de Peugeot México

What has pyramid selling got to do with PSA? I don't think the Egyptians are selling at the moment but you might do a deal on the Eiffel Tower.
    Armidillo and FIVEDOOR like this.

1000+ Posts

I think our friend pekay has posted in the wrong thread - his following post is relevant to this thread, but makes no reference to his own preceding post...

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    It seems this news has only just reached the Holden fanbois. Already they are screaming about a 'French Commodore!'

Dave
    Don't know what they're complaining about.
    Holden will still be part of GM ( for now anyway) and Opel/Vauxhall won't so there is even less likelihood that future Holdens will be European sourced/ based. They're most likely be rebadged Daewoo's (and we all know how successful Daewoo were when they we sold here last time).
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

1000+ Posts

And of course the new Holden 'Astra' (to be released in May) will be exactly as you say - a Daewoo Cruze!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...ea-114512.html

The poor old Holden buyer would have every right to be confused - the Astra was reintroduced in November (and I assume was an Opel), but will be replaced by a Korean car only 6 months later!!

New Holden Astra on sale in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    And of course the new Holden 'Astra' (to be released in May) will be exactly as you say - a Daewoo Cruze!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...ea-114512.html

The poor old Holden buyer would have every right to be confused - the Astra was reintroduced in November (and I assume was an Opel), but will be replaced by a Korean car only 6 months later!!

New Holden Astra on sale in Australia
    The new Astra coming in May is the sedan. The model launched in November was the hatch. It's a similar concept to Hyundai. Hatch (i30) designed for Europe and European tastes. Sedan (Elantra) designed primarily for North America and their tastes. In Australia we like both so we get both.

Both built on the same platform with many common pays including mechanicals. Difference is Holden have stuck with one name for two different bodied cars (like Toyota with Corolla) here despite use of different names (as with Corolla) overseas. And again like Corolla, sedan and hatch sourced from different countries.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using aussiefrogs mobile app

1000+ Posts

Thank you - I think I'm still confused, and I'm not even a Holden buyer

1000+ Posts

Your turn will come when the Citropels arrive.
    Armidillo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    Don't know what they're complaining about.
    Holden will still be part of GM ( for now anyway) and Opel/Vauxhall won't so there is even less likelihood that future Holdens will be European sourced/ based. They're most likely be rebadged Daewoo's (and we all know how successful Daewoo were when they we sold here last time).
    They may or may not have been popular but my Missus bought a new Daewoo Lasagna (Leganza) and in ten years apart from tyres, petrol and oil it needed only a rear muffler. It also handled brilliantly on dirt! Not that the Missus would know that.....
    It's another lovely day! Again!

The deal has been done. PSA are paying 2.2 billion euros for GM's european operations.

I think we should have new forums for our takeover victims, including Nissan, Samsung, Mitsubishi, Lada, and now Opel/Vauxhall

Dave
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

I think that we should now retrospectively annex the Commodore (and by extension HSV) and Gemini fan clubs and forums (OED) - in a similar way that the German auto industry annexed Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, and half of Italy.

1000+ Posts

Bad idea - too many bogans

1000+ Posts

Not a good analogy Dave - perhaps you mean Bonaparte. He came to a crook end too.

1000+ Posts

String of (sometimes predictable) comments in the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    They may or may not have been popular but my Missus bought a new Daewoo Lasagna (Leganza) and in ten years apart from tyres, petrol and oil it needed only a rear muffler. It also handled brilliantly on dirt! Not that the Missus would know that.....
    I'm not implying they were necessarily bad cars, just unsuccessful.
    They were just another Korean car when we were already getting buried in High-undies and Kias.
    They had a smaller range then the other Koreans and a smaller distribution network.
    (It also got interesting after the GM takeover when we had some Ford dealers with Daewoo franchises).
    When General Motors took them over they were killed off rather quickly.
    I'm not an expert in Holden vehicles but I think some of their current range are rebadged Daewoos.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    I'm not an expert in Holden vehicles but I think some of their current range are rebadged Daewoos.
    Some???

Barina
    Spark
    Captiva
    Malibu (has anyone actually seen one on the road?)
    Trax

Dave
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655

Peugeot badges will certainly look better than Chev badges...
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Anyone remember British badge engineering? That's what globalisation is.....
    jaahn and baldrick56 like this.
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Page 3 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Thread Information