Question for the froggers
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Question for the froggers

I was just wondering about the 205 Rallye and the Renault 5 Turbo. I have seen a few of them on the net and was wondering if they exist over here because I have never seen either in the flesh?! I know the Rallye is a 1.3 and all that, but is it as good as the standard 1.9 Gti? I have only ever seen these with the stuff on the wrong side, are they much different? Also I was wondering about the comparison of the Renault Hot-hatch 5 compared to the Puegeot 205 Gti. Has anyone out there driven them and come back with an opinion on this? Would the Rallye be easier to hot up? does it have lots of other things that are improved such as the suspension etc? What about the ITS? I saw an Evo the other day that said the Renault 5 evo 2 is to date one of the best hot hatches ever released. Why dont I see them here? They look well cool! ^^ Hope someone can shed some light on my poor knowledge!! Thx, Chris

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question for the froggers-run_and_bell-img600x450-1079240891002.jpg   Question for the froggers-run_and_bell-img600x450-1079240900006.jpg   Question for the froggers-bluered.jpg   Question for the froggers-bluered2.jpg  

A Renault 5 turned up at the French Car Day last year in Brisbane... hunt around the site for posts about that day (and others in Sydney...) and you might find a picture.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

going back a year or two but at a very well to do motel thing called Milton Park near Bowral they had the release of the R5 and there were a couple out there but for some reason that was as far as they went

as far as i know Renault was going to release them here but never did even after they had a couple here for people to see
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Is it just me, or are they different seats in the interior/exterior shots?

Nick

Tadpole

you are rite, 2 different cars. I just liked the interior of the bluered one, and the dash looks different. how much does a conversion to rhs co$t??? ^____^

If you are interested in the possibility of owning a R5 Turbo 2, talk to Alpine Affaire in Melbourne. I know they have the ex QLD one for around $40K. I believe they were only made LHD, but this company has imported and converted quite a few. Steve Kalendarian in Melb also does this.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Tadpole

that is heaps!!! ^_^ The performance would have to be mad for that price. how much would that make a 205 T16 worth? maaan, I wanna be rich one day!

Icon12

there is a guy in the NSW Renault club that has 5 R5 cars. None are the turbo ones though they are the original little basic ones. A few of them were in very good condition. I think his name was Bob??
    Didnt Craig Bradney have one also he might have more knowledge on this??

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore
    If you are interested in the possibility of owning a R5 Turbo 2, talk to Alpine Affaire in Melbourne. I know they have the ex QLD one for around $40K. I believe they were only made LHD, but this company has imported and converted quite a few. Steve Kalendarian in Melb also does this.
    I think I saw this one, along with another, at the french car day yesterday.

$40k, I didn't realise they'd be THAT expensive! But damn niced

-- DJ

Sorry about the size (It's intended to be your wallpaper! ), but here's a photo of the turbo that was at the French Car Day yesterday.

-- DJ

Icon11

The R5 turbo is a great car.....

Thread Information