NOSTALGIA
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: NOSTALGIA

Default NOSTALGIA

Due to a severe case of boredom over the Easter weekend, I hired some DVD's. One of which was 'Day of the Jackel'.

AH, Paris in 1963, what a wonderful sight for us more mature froggies.
    Apart from the obligatory black Citroen DSís used as government cars, there is a feast of other frogmobiles upon which one can rest oneís eyes. Unfortunately, Edward Fox's (the Jackel) main car in the movie is an Alfa Spider which he manages to write-off but he does briefly use a Floride/Caravelle.

Advertisement

The producers werenít too concerned with realism though, there were a lot or ring-ins, R16ís and R12ís, Peugeot 504's (were they released in 1963???), etc.

Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

UFO

BORED?! With all those Citroens in town, now why didn't you come on down to have a look

I saw the movie recently too and I noticed a few third nose Ds in it as well. Must have been prototypes that were out being tested that day
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Another good one is 'Diva'. An excellent French film with a bit of a chase or two around Paris.

Thread Information