Sudden appreciation for the 205s??
  • Register
  • Help

Default Sudden appreciation for the 205s??

Have you guys notice in the Peugeot Forum that there is a sudden explosion of queries for the 205s??

Advertisement

A part of me is worried that the 205 will turn into a Lancer gang

Although, it is good to know people has found the beacon for "Sheer Driving Pleasure" with the 205s

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Im one of those people looking for a 205.

The reason isn't because everyone else is getting one, but in hindsight i should have got a 205gti in the first place instead of my 306xt.

I've driven a 205gti once before & told myself that i HAVE to get one.Plus it's reaching the classic/collector status now. The high demand is obviously having a effect on the market. s1's going for 5g's. Plus everyone looking for one wants it to be in the best condition possible. There aren't alot of 205gti on the market either, lots of si's though.

I just think it's one of those cars that any pug lover must own, along with the 504 & 404. The 205 represents the whole cult car thing in the 80/90's.

So if anyone knows of a good 205gti in melbourne (prefrebly gun metal grey) let us know (i've seen all the ones advertised on AF already).

I believe there were only 1300 205s sold in Australia, maybe only 900 left by now. I had a Series 2 in 1990 when they were new, kept it for for five years and 140 000Klm, and sold it to pay off a house. I bought a tired Fuego to replace it. I don't know what was going through my head.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

I don't think this car will ever become that "sik lancer" type.

Normally people whom do up lancers with neons & chromies don't know what a peugeot 205 gti is. It wouldn't look cool to them.

looks very cool to me though. I can just see my gunmetal grey 205 with my white 16" MAK racing spirt rims.

Funny you should say that, because I was catching a flick @ Jam Factory on Chapel St. the other day, and pulled up into the carpark next to a R33 GTR. The guy was getting out at the same time as me, and complimented me on how great my car was, and how good 205s are. I think that a fair few people actually know what they are and how capable they are.

Was also down the Mornington Peninsula with friends for a night a few weeks ago, and a few guys I didn't know came round who were friends with the fella who's house it was, and they all knew what my car was and wanted a sit in it and a ride. The funny thing was, is they were all 5 post bullbar/spotlights/sideskirts/sunraysias/sticker covered B&S rigs! Clearly people are starting to realise that the worlds greatest car under $10k is alive and kicking!

Nick

1000+ Posts

I was at the bank one day [in my previous 205 16v] and this very classy lady came over and said "i like that car....where can i buy one?" When i told her you cant buy them new anymore and mine was [at the time ] 12 years old.
    She left in utter amazement ???

jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

haha silly lady...

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Thread Information