• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jr20516v

Thread: French cars in Morocco

1000+ Posts

Default French cars in Morocco

Presently in Morocco at the mo and have seen a lot of froggies
    Millions of 205s all four door. Mostly used as taxis but I did see the cops using it as a Q car
    Only one 2cv seen also my first 206 sedan.... That is one ugly car.
    The stand out among mostly old beat up rubbish was the Megane Laguna what a looker ! The ear vision would be a problem though.
    R4s in their millions here too. No sporty froggies over all

Advertisement
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

VIP Sponsor

Good to see that 205s are still around, didn't see one of them in Austria, Germany and Czech Republic.
    Saw a couple of 309s in Prague.

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    Presently in Morocco at the mo and have seen a lot of froggies
    Millions of 205s all four door. Mostly used as taxis but I did see the cops using it as a Q car
    Only one 2cv seen also my first 206 sedan.... That is one ugly car.
    The stand out among mostly old beat up rubbish was the Megane Laguna what a looker ! The ear vision would be a problem though.
    R4s in their millions here too. No sporty froggies over all

1000+ Posts

i tried to find a wreckers whilst there however they just didnt get what i was talking about !!!! Drove 5000k's in a Dacia Logan and didnt see one yard :[
    Where they go to die is anybodies guess LOL
    Bad Bertie likes this.
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

i tried to find a wreckers whilst there however they just didnt get what i was talking about !!!! Drove 5000k's in a Dacia Logan and didnt see one yard :[
    Where they go to die is anybodies guess LOL
    I could be wrong, but I heard whilst in Europe that various guberments there offered ridiculous sums for old cars, (like maybe 1500 in the UK?), similar in France, and that got rid of most of the rusty backyard darlings. Someone here might be more accurately informed; anyway I saw absolutely zero '50's and '60's (even '70's and '80's come to think of it) cars in Paris a few months ago. I'm sure their about, just not laying around on their bump-stops everywhere as one would hope.

You bet they are around, check LBC to see the regions.

The UK scrappage scheme was a disgrace, they salt the roads rather than discourage driving in rotten weather, then the cars are rusted off at the sills, which "justifies" scrapping them. But it fosters a mentality where any old car is seen there as ready to be chopped in.

also my first 206 sedan.... That is one ugly car.
    Sure is a bite-your-arm-off type of Peugeot. This one was in Madagascar.French cars in Morocco-206-sedan.jpg

1000+ Posts

Actually looks better in your pic than the one i saw LOL
    jr20516v

Now:

Thread Information