What have I done; I sold my favourite Cit.
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 What have I done; I sold my favourite Cit.

Geez I do some bloody silly things at times; a couple of weeks ago SWMBO was having a whinge about something she wanted to buy that I was being obstructive about as any good husband would be expected to be, when she made that statement. " 'tsalright for you...you've gotcha bloody Citroens but me............yadda da yadda da yadda ad infinitum.....(that's when you switch off)" I think to myself; do I really need all this bloody agro? so I take a look out the back and there shimmering in the glow from the bloody lightning & cyclonic winds were all these cars in varying states of (dis)repair so being the noble soul I am (some might say "ass soul") I came to the 'puter & advertised my baby on the Cit Bulletin Board for a price I thought was reasonable but not as high as it could have been.
    "There ya go, just advertised the CX" says I..."Don't be bloody stoopid; you wouldn't sell that" sez she. 10 minutes later I appear ashen faced at the kitchen door; "Guess what" sez I..."think I've just sold the car" ....ya bloody fool; why would you do that??" "Well you reckon I have too many cars so I thought I'd sell one" but why the c-matic?? you love that car." "Too late, it's gone now. "You're not safe to let loose are you?......... I can't say a bloody thing that you don't do something stupid!!......yadda da yadda da yadda ad infinitum."
    So tommorrow, I head for the Sunshine Coast Airport to meet the new owner from Sydney who by Sunday night should be sitting at home admiring his new prize possession, so it looks like the 16V will become the 'family car' (wipe yer feet, no eatin' in tha car, don't slam the bloody door!!!) for a while until I send the F**d Spectron on its way, do up a CX we have sitting under a tree that my honourable sons were supposed to re-do a couple of years ago and possibly start restoring the 16Trs....but I'll tell you something; nobody had better wave a decent c-matic under my nose or the car numbers won't dwindle; geez I'm gunna miss that c-matic; one of the greatest cars I've ever owned...and I've owned a few. Why did I sell it

Advertisement

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Jeez Alan your going to have to drive the 16V every day. You poor bugger

If i had to drive a 16V every day i would be a happy happy man
    So let me see.....if i find you a nice c-matic will you swap for the 16Valve?

Dave

UFO

Knew you'd regret it. Did it go to the guy from down our way?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Knew you'd regret it. Did it go to the guy from down our way?
    Yep,

I'm about to head off with a few extra bits in the boot & 20 litres of LHM to stop things from rattling around.
    Meeting at Sunshine Coast Airport @ 10.45 so he can drive it home.

Alan S

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Jeez Alan your going to have to drive the 16V every day. You poor bugger

If i had to drive a 16V every day i would be a happy happy man
    So let me see.....if i find you a nice c-matic will you swap for the 16Valve?

Dave
    Nah,

he'll be like me with my CX turbo (it has the same plastic as the BX). ie: a quick trip to the shop will involve the 10minute drive there followed by the 25minute look for a shady spot to park the car in (a short work away say all sh!t for brains middle aged women in 4wds don't park near me --well they don't want to waddle there fat arses 2cm further than possible --after all look at the effort involved in just getting in out and out of them ).

Then you spend 5minutes trying to make sure the windscreen shade thingy is wedge under the sun visors in the car, and covering the whole dash. Then you rush wondering if the sun has somehow found it's way onto your dash and cracked it (again ) while your away ....

So you think bugger it and drive the BX with the utterly trashed interior and just park it in the sun next to the wank tanks

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry to hear the passing of the CX, how could you do it?

The spectron should have gone 1st!

At least there is one in the backyard and it might just be the incentive to get the ol' bugger off it's bump stops and back on the road!

Commiserations!

Regards
    Andrew

I'm afraid it was a case of biting the bullet; all good things must come to an end & Frank the guy who has bought it is making noises like he is going to do a restoration on it, which was something I had hoped to do eventually but with 3 sons & an ever growing collection of cars it was going to happen later rather than sooner & in that time may have depreciated.
    I really do hope he restores it as it has the potential to become a Cit-in winner with a bit of time put in on it. I had several people comment that it had the solidest, straightest & most original body of any CX they ever saw.
    I drove it 250klms in one hit this morning & presently it would be about south of Coffs Harbour & will be back in Sydney Sunday.
    Motor was so strong & the c-matic so smooth it was a dream to drive. When I left him, I don't think he had yet been in it long enough to fully appreciate what he had. By now, he may have.

Alan S

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    . When I left him, I don't think he had yet been in it long enough to fully appreciate what he had. By now, he may have.
    Either that or he's sitting on the side of the road in a pool of lhm, waiting for a tow truck to come and shoving nails into an Alan S voodoo doll

Sorry to hear about your loss. I felt the same way when I sold my 17 powered 5 speed R12.

I'll buy another one and restore it one day.........

Shit, better go, SWMBO is coming......

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Shit, better go, SWMBO is coming......
    Need the old "BOSS KEY" for times like that

Alan, has the new owner joined Aussiefrogs yet ?

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Need the old "BOSS KEY" for times like that

Alan, has the new owner joined Aussiefrogs yet ?

- XTC206 -

Not yet mainly due to him not being back home yet, he had about 1200klms to get there, but he found me & the car on the Citroen Board & of course it had the mandatory on the rear windows which is a guarantee of a safe & troublefree trip......Oh yea of little faith mistereno...

Alan S

Alan,
    I feel for you, it's not as hard making the decision as it is when it sells. As i found out, when without a road car. I faced the need to sell either all my tools or the R10, trailer & race gear.
    I wasn't upset when the car sold, as i immediately purchased a car. What i am finding hard is the fact that it's still in my garage 2 weeks after i've spent the money. I can't help bad thoughts, like hope he drops dead or something. Na not really i'd just sell it again. It is sad when something you cherish comes to an end.
    My wife & I are venturing into N Gauge railways, she's into miniatures & as everyone knows i'm into the engineering & construction stuff so this will be an avenue for both of us.
    I've aready procured, Frog stuff in N scale 1/160th as Renault & Citroen signs & billboard posters & on ebay a Boxcar with Renault signs & livery.
    Haven't seen anything for Pug's as yet.

Ps. Ohh yeah i purchased an '86 TM Magna Elite.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

damn i know the feeling all too well

i should never have sold my 504 V6 that i had and i should have also kept the 604 i had a few years ago and i should have kept my 403B sedan and my 64 403 ute and the 89 series 1 Mi-16

but as someone said to me a while ago you can't keep them all but you only wish you could
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

oh dear thats not too good

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Gardner
    Alan,
    I feel for you, it's not as hard making the decision as it is when it sells. As i found out, when without a road car. I faced the need to sell either all my tools or the R10, trailer & race gear.
    My wife & I are venturing into N Gauge railways, she's into miniatures & as everyone knows i'm into the engineering & construction stuff so this will be an avenue for both of us.
    I've aready procured, Frog stuff in N scale 1/160th as Renault & Citroen signs & billboard posters & on ebay a Boxcar with Renault signs & livery.
    Haven't seen anything for Pug's as yet.

Ps. Ohh yeah i purchased an '86 TM Magna Elite.
    Damien,

The Magna is penance for something you've done, right? Care to share the story???? You must have done something very bad indeed to be sentenced like that.

Even Magnas don't depreciate like Xantias, so you could have..........

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Geez I do some bloody silly things at timesAlan S
    Alan,

Aarrghhh!

You're bearing up well!! I once sold a 16TS (1983) and didn't recover fully until I bought another (1999-ish). Very brave. Very brave.

JohnW

The only real problem here is that the replacement won't be the same car...

It might be the same model, the same colour, have the same seats etc... but you'll always know it's not the same car.

Naturally you will get a replacement. That's a given, right?

Thread Information