PayPal.
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PayPal.

Default PayPal.

Has anyone else had problems with PayPal?
    I use this service in conjunction with EBay to source a lot of the materials parts and tools for the restoration of my Citroens. On the 17th of this month they suspended my account without giving any valid reason. Despite email communications and phone calls they still have refused to explain why! I cannot see that I have done anything wrong to be punished so! I can only conclude that either they think that I am sourcing stuff to carry out terrorist activities or that my purchasing activities are too small for them to gain enough profit.
    I must say that I am totally bewildered. My daughter has also had the same happen to her!

Advertisement
    Cheers Gerry

Did you receive an email with your full name in it, about this?

P.S. Western Onion and World Vomit are competitively priced for many transactions now.

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Did you receive an email with your full name in it, about this?

P.S. Western Onion and World Vomit are competitively priced for many transactions now.
    Yes! As well as a case reference number that also showed up in my PayPal account page once I logged on. It seems that they will not close the account but merely have suspended it indefinitely. Further email communication indicated that they wish to part ways permanently!
    I have never heard of 'World Vomit'------sounds positively gross!
    Cheers Gerry

Hello, have you tried opening another account with PayPal using another email address?

Did you go to the PayPal site from your ebay account or from a link in the email? Maybe the emails and site are both fraudulent

COL

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Yes! As well as a case reference number that also showed up in my PayPal account page once I logged on. It seems that they will not close the account but merely have suspended it indefinitely. Further email communication indicated that they wish to part ways permanently!
    I have never heard of 'World Vomit'------sounds positively gross!
    The case reference number, have you checked what is exactly the case that is against you. If you look in the resolution center you will see the reason why. All you need to do is fix the problem then you should get your account back again.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Phone them. I had to search for their number but it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    The case reference number, have you checked what is exactly the case that is against you. If you look in the resolution center you will see the reason why. All you need to do is fix the problem then you should get your account back again.
    I Wish Col. I have rung and emailed and visited the resolution centre. No answers are forth coming.
    Google "PayPal Problems" and see just how bad the situation really is!
    Cheers Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Hello, have you tried opening another account with PayPal using another email address?

Did you go to the PayPal site from your ebay account or from a link in the email? Maybe the emails and site are both fraudulent
    I only have one email address! Besides as soon as I linked my cards they could cross reference the data.
    Here is a sample of their email communication! I had to copy it into word in order to save it as they answer you only within their site!

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final.
    PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.
    Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your
    balance will be held 180 days from the date of the limitation. At that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal.
    Sincerely,
    Kumaran
    PayPal
    Since when is purchasing car parts, tools and household items fraudulent and risky?
    I have a 100% EBay rating, and no outstanding liabilities!
    I operated as a seller account as well as purchasing but this side of my activity has been in limbo for a long while as I do not sell anymore! By the time charges come out of the few sales I made it is not worth the effort!
    Cheers Gerry

Any possibility someone else has/has tried to hijack or use you account fraudulently? I know E-bay accounts get hijacked from time to time, but haven't heard of that happening with Pay-Pal accounts

Didn't get anything like this before your problem?

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/toa...m-warning.html
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

After Googling 'PayPal Problems', one of the possible reasons could be that someone you've dealt with in the past was deemed to be dodgy & PP have frozen some or all of the customers associated with them.

Very poor of them to decline resolving the issue with no valid explanation as to why though.

Recently I've had a few emails purporting to be from PP stating my account has been suspended 'for my safety', only to be restored by providing my CC details etc, but this doesn't appear to be the situation in your case.
    Track car-Steel Grey 405 Mi16 2.2 litre

405 Track car build thread moved to-
    http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...ic=143279&st=0

Lap times-
    Sandown 1 27.9
    Phillip Island 1 53.8

Previous Frenchies-
    1988 205Gti
    1998 306 GTi6
    1997 306 N5 sedan
    1996 306 N3 XT hatch
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Avocado
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Trak Yellow
    1975 Renault 5 Guernsey, Channel Islands
    1972 Renault 4 Guernsey, Channel Islands

COL

I Wish Col. I have rung and emailed and visited the resolution centre. No answers are forth coming.
    Google "PayPal Problems" and see just how bad the situation really is!
    It seems real strange, I have had very few problems with Paypal. Although some of the call center operators are a bit vague sometimes with their advice.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Banned

i believe Paypal have a banking licence to operate in australia (and likely the same elsewhere).
    will stand corrected on that, but perhaps the Financial Ombudsman Service could help?
    i have never used it so i am just throwing the idea out there as a possibility.
    pug206gti and UFO like this.

JBN

Just today I received a set of Reeboks from the USA. I pay for them through Paypal as a guest using my MasterCard.

Years ago I did have another Paypal account, which would be in credit, but I have forgotten all my passwords, including the one for my email address for a website I had. Unfortunately, the questions on file to authenticate me I can't seem to answer anymore.

Their are two periods in my life when I have felt that I am on the wrong train, heading in the wrong direction. The first was long ago when I returned from the Vietnam War with bald back and sides when all the other males had long hair. The second time is now, when we need passwords and PINs just to get through life. Early onset eggtimers disease is dead set on turning this exercise into one of humiliation and frustration.

A few weeks ago I rang my bank to query an unauthorised payment from my MasterCard. It was from AVG, but I haven't had any of their products on this computer (bought 2 years ago). Because it was a telephone call, I had to give a password, which I forgot about 15 years ago when I last did telephone banking. So she said make one up. I said I always forget them. She insisted. I said the only one I can remember is the first word that comes to my mind when it says enter password - SHIT. She laughed, reckon the computer wouldn't accept it. Anyhow she tried and it worked.

I wonder how many suicide bombers blow themselves up because they have forgotten their passwords (or had trouble with a PayPal account)?

John
    cjl, CarNut and Kenfuego like this.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    I wonder how many suicide bombers blow themselves up because they have forgotten their passwords (or had trouble with a PayPal account)?
    John
    G'day,
    watch carefully, I will only do this once...
    citroenut likes this.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    watch carefully, I will only do this once...
    Nah, you need to go out into a quiet paddock somewhere and practice it.
    citroenut likes this.

Gerry, from what I've seen before Fleabay are quick to respond on Twitter. Maybe PP are similarly inclined?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    i believe Paypal have a banking licence to operate in australia (and likely the same elsewhere).
    will stand corrected on that, but perhaps the Financial Ombudsman Service could help?
    i have never used it so i am just throwing the idea out there as a possibility.
    They'll help, PayPal like to throw their weight around and make ridiculous decisions but the Australian consumer protections ensure you won't lose money. It gets trickier when they refuse to deal with you as so much of the second hand market is through Ebay/PayPal without any alternatives.
    406 HDi

Quote Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
    They'll help, PayPal like to throw their weight around and make ridiculous decisions but the Australian consumer protections ensure you won't lose money. It gets trickier when they refuse to deal with you as so much of the second hand market is through Ebay/PayPal without any alternatives.
    I have initiated a case through the FOS ( Financial Ombudsman Service ). It will be interesting to see how the investigation turns out!
    addo likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

COL

I have initiated a case through the FOS ( Financial Ombudsman Service ). It will be interesting to see how the investigation turns out!
    Keep us informed Gerry
    Kenfuego likes this.
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

I've had my pp account hacked 3 times. 3 times I've had to search there phone number because my pw had been changed and then try to convince some egotist on the phone that I'm me and didn't authorise any changes.

I now refuse to use paypal. I tell people Visa, Mastercard or cash.

I know lots of other sellers who refuse to use it too because it's made to protect the buyer. A buyer can make up a story that the goods were unsatisfacory and pp will take the money back. Then you try to convince them that the buyer is lying......Good luck.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

I've only been using PayPal for three years but I've never had a problem as a vendor. Credit cards can suffer the same problems you mention, Dave, in that you take card details, process them and then the purchaser having received the goods claims that they didn't and can have the transaction reversed. You are still out on a limb. With O.S. transactions I just straight out tell the intending purchaser we require an irrevocable letter of credit. The purchase never proceeds because they only want to use credit cards....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I lost a PayPal account too. They are evil ****ers and can get ****ed, I enjoy finding ways around them.

I lost it when I sold something on ebay - the buyer got their item and I had their email saying so. But they put a claim into PayPal saying it didn't arrive and they were refunded by PayPal automatically. It was lucky for me that I ha a visa debit card attached and it didn't have any money in it, otherwise I would have lost the money!!

PayPal didn't give a shit and I've not had an account since. **** em.

I wonder Haakon, if you had some kind of delivery slip signed by the customer when they received your item? No? How simple to prove a receipt, and how cheesy not to ensure you got one. Doesn't sound like a PayPal problem to me! ;-)
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I wonder Kim, if you're a complete idiot? Just very simple it seems...

No, I'm not a complete idiot. Like Spike Milligan, bits of me are missing.

And, FWIW, if you have proof of delivery, I don't see why the transaction was a problem. Maybe it's you?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information