Who scored post number 100,000??
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,162

    Default Who scored post number 100,000??

    Did I miss the web cast of the ribbon cutting ceremony for the 100,000th Aussiefrogs posting?? Total postings were 100,023 as I typed this message.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! DJ-Studd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    545

    Default

    That would be this post...

    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...000#post100000

    Posted by "whitegoshawk".

    -- DJ

  3. #3
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Studd
    That would be this post...

    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...000#post100000

    Posted by "whitegoshawk".

    -- DJ
    Thanks fot the quick and accurate service!!

    So the event passed with as little ceremony as a taxi scoring its first 100,000k's.......

  4. #4
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Did I miss the web cast of the ribbon cutting ceremony for the 100,000th Aussiefrogs posting?? Total postings were 100,023 as I typed this message.
    It's been past twice actually ... just before the great database crach of '04

    - XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  5. #5
    Tadpole serbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9

    Icon5

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    It's been past twice actually ... just before the great database crach of '04

    - XTC206 -
    Speaking of the database crash, are we ever going to see the missing information again or is it lost in the depths of cyberspace forever ?


  6. #6
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    3,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serbo
    Speaking of the database crash, are we ever going to see the missing information again or is it lost in the depths of cyberspace forever ?

    Lost forever serbo... we reverted to a backup from January 27 2004 (from memory) so anything posted between then and the date of the database crash is gone.

    We've learnt from our mistakes, and admins now have a much more rigourous database backup schedule.

    Derek

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts REN TIN TIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Brisbane/Australia
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Thanks fot the quick and accurate service!!

    So the event passed with as little ceremony as a taxi scoring its first 100,000k's.......
    Well, whitegoshawk should get a prize for the 100,000 posting.
    How about a year's free membership of Aussiefrogs??
    No, how about free lifetime membership of Aussiefrogs


    Ren
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! whitegoshawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney (sometimes)
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Awww, gee 'tanks!!!

    If I had realised it was the 100,000th post I would have written something better

    So the event passed with as little ceremony as a taxi scoring its first 100,000k's.......
    My car clicked over 100,000kms about 3k north of Urunga (on the Pacific highway between Nambucca Heads and Coffs Harbour). My passenger at the time could not understand why I thought it significant enough to stop and take a picture...
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

    Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •