Melb : Tv viewers
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By robmac

Thread: Melb : Tv viewers

Default Melb : Tv viewers

it's now Sunday13/09/15 AT 18:49

We have no signal/ reception of the ABC DIGITAL HD TV nor Channel 10 HDTV channels.

Anyone else having simlar problems or is there another channel frequency change?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post

We have no signal/ reception of the ABC DIGITAL HD TV nor Channel 10 HDTV channels.

Anyone else having simlar problems or is there another channel frequency change?
    Yes! I have ended up moving my digital antenna all over the house to get SBS news.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Icon6 Politics, Unions, Malcolm in the middle...ABC of everything...

Watched the important things on TV this afternoon as North Melbourne defeated Richmond. Perhaps they are having a practice run in shutting down political dissenting comment over the coming elections.

As good as any conspiracy theory....Rob

Ken

Definitely not a political issue, Ken

Apply my rule: when it's a choice between collusion and stuff up - choose stuff up every time.

The plug pack powering my antenna distribution amplifier had fallen out of the power point. So all the high frequency channels disappeared.

All fixed now. And taped up.
    Kenfuego and okalford like this.

1000+ Posts

Icon13 You win some you lose some with force feed TV these days...

Apply my rule: when it's a choice between collusion and stuff up - choose stuff up every time.

The plug pack powering my antenna distribution amplifier had fallen out of the power point. So all the high frequency channels disappeared.

Good you identified the problem and fixed it - hope the viewing tonight makes it worthwhile, When we stay at Echuca, The Free to air channels and the powered antennae took quite a b it of beating from Telstra deciding to erect a 4G (5G ?) transmission tower that blanked out most of the TV transmissions, their standard (unhelpful) advice was to call a local Antennae guy, and you then found out that your antennae needed a $54 gizmo to restore some semblance of a TV signal

Then every now and then in the middle of a program you decide was worth watching (rare these days) the picture dissolves into pixellation and garbled voice.

Seems that the Telstra Tower of babble overwhelms and distorts the TV signal from either Bendigo or Shepparton. The rub is that you can either have reasonably good reception on either SBS or ABC by fiddling about with signal strengths, and localities, but NOT both, and of course it will probably cost more for an additional antennae with no guarantee it will fix it so both are watchable. And no offer to pay or fix the problem either..

Not that cable TV in the big smoke is any better in content, just many more channels to fall asleep in the chair and all the reasonable channels are choked with advertisements both commercial and promoting the latest inane programming.

Ken

About the only thing we watch off air is news. I can't be arsed watching ads.

We watch a lot of stuff off the SBS freeview via the internet.

I cancelled the foxel service entirely. It's far too expensive for what you get. And the constant billing "errors" got me very offside.

Telstra recently upgraded my download allowance to 500 gb without changing the cost of bundle. So I'm unlikely to ever be speed capped or use all of the data allowance.

Telstra recently upgraded my download allowance to 500 gb without changing the cost of bundle. So I'm unlikely to ever be speed capped or use all of the data allowance.
    Same here, but it's academic as my connection is so slow I could never reach that limit even if I tried, even with the help of my IT weenie daughter.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Same here, but it's academic as my connection is so slow I could never reach that limit even if I tried, even with the help of my IT weenie daughter.
    I have Telstra cable connection. The $5/week speed pack is well worth the money IMO. Telstra technical results are excellent, pity their accounts aren't as good.

We regularly get 113 mbps down.

JBN

Things have been OK in Sydney, but I did hear on the ABC news that Melbourne will keep the Australian Grand Prix until 2023 (or presumably until the race finishes). Maybe the extension is until you guys get your TV reception in order.

We also had a nice sunny day up here.

John

COL

Its always something simple that stops things working properly.

Some plug packs are quite heavy and fall out power outlets easily.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Thread Information